Deestone D405 6-ply 26x12-12 on a X1120D

Kingston

Hello,

Thank you for the add Jim. I’ve been reading NTT’s RTV threads, which have been very helpful.

I’m a new RTV owner. I’m using a stock x1120D on a farm in W. Michigan. We’ve got plenty of mud and the stock OTR Mag350 tires load up and just spin. The machine will be used in the field, in the woods and in the yard.

I need a tire that can handle muddy conditions, shoot down the road, not tear up turf, not carry lots of mud into the barn and garage, stand up to heavy loads and heavy use.

I’m strongly leaning toward the Deestone DS5252 in 26x12-12. It’s an AG Bar type tread. It’s published specs are as follows:
Size- 26X12.00-12
Load/speed rating - 104A3
Plys - 6
Tread Depth - 22.7mm
OD - 25.5”
Section Width - 12.1”
Rim Width - 10.5”
Load @ PSI - 1985@34

I’ve read numerous reports the the published dimensions are exaggerated, particularly height.

I realize the stock rims are narrower than the 10.5” specified.

D405-Tractor.png

Am I out of my mind?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Sorry you had trouble registering.

Jim

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i think those tires would ride pretty rough and wear out fast. take a look at a radial tire so you can run low air pressure when traction is needed. i can tell you from experience that the ITP baja cross is a really good tread design but isn't a true mud tire it rides great and has plenty of traction but doesn't tear up the grass. and another tip is with your model you can run a 26x11x12 just fine without power loss but gain ground clearance and add about 3 mph to your speed. :17875:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I had a set of tires very much like those pictured on my RTV years ago . They ride fine at first, but then, they wear a bit and ride like a log wagon. It was rough rough rough and I could even feel it in the steering wheel. The RTV sounded like an old horse-clop,clop clop, when I drove down the concrete driveway after that bit of wear increased.
. I bought the Blackwater Evolution tires for my last RTV and just fell in love with them. They are heavy plied and have hard rubber tread that wears slowly and thick sidewalls , at least they did when I bought mine . They lasted and lasted.
I live and work on a 1,000 acre cattle farm and used the RTV daily with the Blackwater tires- sometimes in 2 wd when other brands needed 4wd to get me home. Now, it all depends on what a person's use is but for me these worked great with their high load capacity and air capacity.
I went thru many sets of tires in my 14 years of owning the 2 RTVs I had and the BE were the only ones I was pleased with. Like you, the oem 350s were removed almost new on my first RTV and stored .
What I'v stated is just my opinion which is slanted because I liked those tires so much. Haha so keep doing your research and make sure you are pleased . There are many threads on here about tires so much reading to do . Haha . Good Luck. bordercollie.
edit: did a quick search and found this to get you started this is one of many. :) http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14840&highlight=tires

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

Size- 26X12.00-12
Load @ PSI - 1985@34

I realize the stock rims are narrower than the 10.5” specified.
It's been a long time since I did any tire sizing but can you put 26X12.00-12 tires on a 10" rim? I thought it was only safe to go to 11 inches.

Not familiar with the tires at all but 34PSI? That sounds like double the PSI compared to any other tire.

Kingston

I’m not sure where you are located, but how are the ITP Baja Cross in the mud? Do they load up? I need to be able to putter along and not get stuck. Thanks?

Kingston

I’m now leaning toward the ITP Blackwater Evolution or the Baja Cross. These were on my short list.

Would both of these work in size 26x11-12 on stock aluminum rims?

Thanks again for all the responses!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
How are the ITP Blackwater Evolution on turf?
The BEs are multidirectional tread with deep lugs- they are hard on turf. They were a blessing to me though because of my muddy conditions. I used 9 in front and 11 in rear , 26" on my RTV 900xt.

call Robin at ALLterrainonline and he will steer you right on the sizes. https://allterrainonline.com/about-us/

edit: they sell all different brands and are a family owned business.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

It's been a long time since I did any tire sizing but can you put 26X12.00-12 tires on a 10" rim? I thought it was only safe to go to 11 inches.

Not familiar with the tires at all but 34PSI? That sounds like double the PSI compared to any other tire.

my rims are the stock steel rims on an X1100c. i stayed with 26x11x12 because i was concerned that the front tires might rub on a turn if i went wider. there is ample room for what i did and you should compare the aspect ratio width radius etc as you compare tires because there can be much overlap. i picked the baja cross for exactly the same reasons you state. as far as mud is concerned i think the blackwaters are better in sticky clay mud than the baja cross but i haven't gotten stuck yet and i had a very swampy year so far.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Welcome Kingston.

I am a fellow X1120 owner and it is truly a tank. I needed a tire that was a tough as the RTV. I needed to be able to carry the maximum load and not get stuck doing it.

We have a fruit tree farm and orchard in Southeastern Ohio and while we need traction for the trails, the orchards are on grass and we didn't want to tear it up.

After considering all the input and research, I purchased ITP Blackwater Evolution tires in 26x11x12 from allterrainonline. As Collie said, the people there are just great.

The tires are everything we needed. They don't tear up the grass, they plow through red clay mud and snow. In the rare cases when we had to be on the blacktop, they do quite well. I keep them aired about 20psi unless I am doing real heavy work. Their load capacity per wheel is outstanding. They are 8 ply and have thick sidewalls. I think they call it "sidewall armor." They are radials.

While my Wife liked the aluminum rims, I preferred the grey steel factory rims and picked up a set from another member. The tires mounted perfectly and have never rubbed despite some significant articulation of the suspension. I kept the purdy rims for parades and resale value.

After a year, I am still completely satisfied and grateful I followed Collie's suggestion. One area where they may let you down. I frequently head back to the barn with a little mud in the tires. This of course dries and has to be swept out of the building.

Again, welcome and hope we see a lot of you. The 1120 is an excellent machine and if it holds up half as well as the older models represented on the forum, you'll get a lot of good years out of it. Keep after your preventive maintenance.