Front end loader question for 399

Mikey399

I’ve been looking for a good used loader for my 399 MF. I know a bush hog 2648QT will fit but I’ve found a good 2426QT available closer to me I can get. Does anyone know if it’ll fit my tractor? The research I’ve done online is inconclusive about whether it’ll fit or not. I’m pretty sure the back brackets will match up but I may have to modify somehow to the front for it to fit. If anyone could give me some advice on this I’d greatly appreciate it! Thx

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry, don't know if it will fit but we have some talented members here who might be able to help with fabrication ideas to make it work if you do get it. Good luck.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'd normally suggest you trailer the tractor to whomever is selling the loader to see if it would mount and work properly but the 399 is pretty big for that consideration.

I'd suggest you go to google images and search for MF399 with loader. I did that and from the pictures, I can see the different brands of loaders being used and their model #.

Brands/models of loaders I see quickly:

MF 848

MF 875

MF 885E

Parson
Bush Hog 2840QT
Stolli

Not sure if you have the 2WD or 4WD model but that may make a difference. If you have 2WD, check the tires load rating and such before working your loader. 2WD tractors normally expect the working implements on the tractor to be connected to the rear so they may not be load range rated for the weight of the loader + whatever you're hauling in the bucket.

Mikey399

Thanks for the info. I’ve got the 2 WD version. I’ll check the tire ratings and do more research. It looks like the 2426QT will not fit so I’ll keep searching.