Transmission fluid recommendatons

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It's past time to change my transmission fluid in the DK40 for the first time and I was thinking about going with the JD fluid (we have a 55 gallon drum) Since it takes almost 14 gallons, this would sure help me out. The manual gives choices of Shell Donax TD, Exxon Mobil hyd 560 or Mobilfluid 424. I don't know the specs on them but do know the JD is a premium trans fluid and is all my BIL will use in his tractors. The Kubota RTV I have is fickle and I only use UDT in it. Thanks, Bordercollie

DK35vince

You have wet brakes so use a heavy duty tractor transmission/hydraulic fluid.
If it says on the jug/bucket the oil meets or exceeds Kubota UDT specifications, it will work fine.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks DKvince , I sure like my Kioti DK40- I just sprayed close to 400 acres with it. Bordercollie

DK35vince

Thanks DKvince , I sure like my Kioti DK40- I just sprayed close to 400 acres with it. Bordercollie
Good to hear your DK 40 is working out well.
I've had my DK 35 for 9 or 10 years now. It has worked great.

Attachments

• HPIM0993.jpg
    HPIM0993.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 60
  • HPIM0994.jpg
    HPIM0994.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 60

upsnick

Trans fluid on a Kioti...

It's past time to change my transmission fluid in the DK40 for the first time and I was thinking about going with the JD fluid (we have a 55 gallon drum) Since it takes almost 14 gallons, this would sure help me out. The manual gives choices of Shell Donax TD, Exxon Mobil hyd 560 or Mobilfluid 424. I don't know the specs on them but do know the JD is a premium trans fluid and is all my BIL will use in his tractors. The Kubota RTV I have is fickle and I only use UDT in it. Thanks, Bordercollie

Hey guy I callled Kioti in N.carolina and asked the same question on my LK-3053 and he said Universal Tractor fluid at Tractor Supply same stuff runs fine and a lot cheeper.............