INFERIOR Tires!!

Giles

I finally go tired of having to add air to both front tires on my B2320. I added "slime" and it helped, but there was always green liquid slime that seeped out of both tires. Even the sidewalls!!
Just a shame that I bought a new tractor and I get INFERIOR TWO PLY CARLISLE tires.
Since my tractor has a loader, I was afraid to load the front bucket for fear of blowing the front tires that were inflated to their max at 22 psi.
Dealer wouldn't do anything and I figured new Carlisle tires would be the same quality.
I just bought and installed BKG LG-306 EIGHT PLY tires and the total price was $173.53!!
Quite another shame that these India made tires are far better quality then the American made Carlisle!!
I always try to buy American but the only tractor tires I could find, made in USA, were Carlisle!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I had a problem with my tires by them and they gave me 2 new ones. Have you contacted Carlisle headquarters? I came home one day after sending them pictures and there were 2 new tires dropped off by UPS under the carport. bordercollie

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
2-ply tires on a tractor, I've never heard of such a thing. It must be a local dealer installed cost cutting measure.

Every Kubota I've ever seen around here comes with 6-ply Titans and I think that those are minimal. I replace mine with 10-ply. At least that gives you a chance of running over a thorn and not having to shut down for the rest of the day.

I don't know anything about Carlisle tires. I've never seen them for sale down here, maybe I've just never looked, but after what you've said, I think I'll give them a miss.