Fuel level audible indicator.

doggman

I fueled my L5740 Kubota today with the key on so that I could see the fuel guage as it filled up. About 3 minutes after I turned the key on I heard a faint beeping. I thought Kubota come up with a great idea to let me know I left the ignition on with engine off. A lot of us have hit the key with our knees in our RTVs and started running up empty hours on the meter. So I thought this was a good alarm idea. But as I added fuel to the tank the beeping got more rapid. The light bulb went on in my head. Kubota added an audible indicator so that you don't have to see the guage as the tank fills. When the tank was full the sound went to a solid tone. Pretty clever, Kubota. But nothing in the manual about this feature...

But still, putting an ignition on/engine off alarm ( that you can silence manually) on the RTVs would be a great idea.

urednecku

"Kubota added an audible indicator so that you don't have to see the guage as the tank fills."

That would have saved me quite a bit of diesel if that was on my M7040. I finally replace that (breather?) tube on the side of the fill with a clear hose so I can see it just before it runs over. Gotta watch close, only have about 1/2 gal. or so from the time it shows up in that tube till it's runnin' over.

vintovka

Had a car once (an 83 datsun maxima diesel fwiw) used to have all verbal warnings one of which was "fuel level is low". Niice but sometimes disconcerting when your not ready for it.

Eddie Murphy used to make fun of the car/voice. In one skit he pretended he was in one and was wondering why the car wouldn't start. Car answers "Fool!, someone stole your BaTTry!!"

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
It's a pretty neat and useful feature, isn't it?

There was something in my manual about it or I probably would never have known.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A friend had a boat with a whistle as it filled up. The device was an add on he bought and put in the tank throat. It twisted into place at the top of the fuel tank. It would whistle while he was putting gas in up until it was just about full, then it would stop whistling and he would know to stop pumping gas then to avoid over filling and spilling gas into the water. The whistle got annoying but it worked like a charm. I suspect it would be easy to add to any fuel fill hole if it is about the size of the auto gas tanks.