This came in the driveway yesterday

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The bil surprised me with this yesterday. It will replace the older Cat 252B. I thought I was getting a set of Black Diamond tires for my RTV, but I will sure take this to work with. It isn't mine- but I get to use it! - It has stereo! A great end of the year deal and the high resale of the old 252B made it possible- Just look at that rubber on those tires. Now I have some tread and an air ride seat . The old Cat has the hydraulic disconnect also and this bucket will be put on it. I will used the old big bucket to load the feed wagon and the other toothed dirt bucket to do the "cleaning up with. I am grateful . bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF4565.jpg
    DSCF4565.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCF4566.jpg
    DSCF4566.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 246
  • DSCF4569.jpg
    DSCF4569.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCF4570.jpg
    DSCF4570.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 251

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Golly, Golly, Golly!!!!! You are one lucky and mostly blessed person when it comes time to do the chores. Chores and MORE in fact. Often, I use my little B7610 to fool around in the woods rather than the RTV just for the change. That thing will be more than useful for so much stuff.......Golly sakes alive....truly BLESSED......God is good......Dennis

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats BC, Santa arrived late but he sure came in with a BANG. That is awesome. What a great piece of equipment. I'm sure you'll get a lot of work out of it, I'm just wondering what mods you'll do to it? I know you can't resist. :D

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SWEET!!!!

I do have to ask... Why is there a sticker saying no boots? Is that to keep people's muddy boots out of the cab? :)

razerface

SWEET!!!!

I do have to ask... Why is there a sticker saying no boots? Is that to keep people's muddy boots out of the cab? :)

LOL,,, "no step" sticker. Everything with pics now on stickers. Nice machine!

You have to wear tennis shoes to get in it......

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
GOD IS GOOD !!!!

I'm so proud for you.

That thing is NICE !!!!!

You will look " COOL " working ( playing ) with that machine !!!!!
Put on some sun-shades and go for it !!!!!

Attachments

• alien with gun.gif
    alien with gun.gif
    67.2 KB · Views: 221

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks, Kanook,Dennis,Doc,Heatwave,BCzoom,Razer ,CPS,and Two Guns for the good will and happiness for me getting this to work with. BCzoom that "no step" place covers part of the the hydraulic disconnects. I can disconnect from the bucket and hook to another from the seat. I have to get used to the tight steering on this one though. The 252B joysticks are a lot looser. I remember the first time I used the extended reach 252B back in 2006,... I did a sharp turn and the extended reach rear brace knocked a hole in the barn side!! I was use to the little Case that I started operating in the late 90's. I have since learned not to turn so close to anything. I avg about 200-300 hrs a year in the seat - it is our intention to have this machine be one of our last and with good care it should. It has the bucket leveling feature. That will keep the bucket level as I raise it full of feed and I will no longer have to do it manually. I will sorta miss that though because .. I was decent at using the joystick for that.. I could turn that feature off so that I could keep in practice. ;) naw ... I am going to be spoiled alright..... I found out the bil had an am/fm radio installed for me a special kind ... with weather band and an mp3 plug.. Now , where are my shades? . Thanks again for the well wishes friends, bordercollie

edit: Talking about pictures on stickers.. I see why the " not a step" sticker is there because it would make a nice step ... There is one on the feed wagon showing a detached hand and arm.,... I guess it means if I fall in then..... then the 5 gallon buckets have pictures on 'em too about falling in.. what in the world is next..... I know it's the one on the cat''s emergency exit door.. I need that one because it looks inviting.. as if to say "open here" . I'm still waiting for a warning on a bar of soap... slippery when wet... :)

Last edited:

razerface

It has the bucket leveling feature. That will keep the bucket level as I raise it full of feed and I will no longer have to do it manually. I will sorta miss that though

edit: Talking about pictures on stickers There is one on the feed wagon showing a detached hand and arm.

My 943 bobcat has the self leveling on the way up, but not on the way down. I like it a lot.

My waterjet machines at work have pictures of hands with the fingers cut off and falling to the ground. LOL,,,don't stick your hands in there! I had never seen the boot pic before,,,they usually say "no step"

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BC - I'm quite familiar with all those stickers. I was just messing since it was so clean and reminded me of signs to take your boots off.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks oldhat . The RTV and the Caterpillar both have important jobs on the farm. I own the RTV so I am the sole driver and fixer. The Cat- I am the sole driver as well- but not the owner- so I think I have job security as long as I keep it out of the ponds... Remember that story with the 262B during the drought a couple of years ago?.
Razer, the self leveling is important for me only on the way up too. I haven't used it yet. I'm putting a coat of something called "top coat" on the new machine. It is supposed to be a miracle product that protects the paint and acts like rainex on glass and polycarbonate windows. I am also going to put some on the RTV the next time it is washed. .. I sure hate to get them dirty but that is part of the job... Thanks everyone. bordercollie.. ps.. that radio has a weatherband too. Yes I sure do have a nice bil- he hates radios on equipment but had this one put in for me. I do appreciate it too. bordercollie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
BC - I'm quite familiar with all those stickers. I was just messing since it was so clean and reminded me of signs to take your boots off.

Oh,I know you are BCzoom, We are all having fun with each other over this new toy. :) bordercollie

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Gee, now my Gehl 4640 just seems so inadequate.:whistling:That is a sweet machine. I use mine all the time as a powered wheelbarrow and with the forks it sure is handy for unloading stuff. it sure beats shoveling the 20" of snow we have right now. You will be spoiled with those joysticks and a nice cab. And tunes as well.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
BC:

Quite a good looking machine... I'm sure it will serve you well as you do your farm chores. Just don't do any 'wheelies' going to and from the barn. lol Just love the smell of brand new equipment in the morning... lol !

Keith

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The self leveling feature sounds nice. I have put some dirt and mulch on my head and lap a few times with my skid steer.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Gee, now my Gehl 4640 just seems so inadequate.:whistling:That is a sweet machine. I use mine all the time as a powered wheelbarrow and with the forks it sure is handy for unloading stuff. it sure beats shoveling the 20" of snow we have right now. You will be spoiled with those joysticks and a nice cab. And tunes as well.

You are right about those forks Muleman. I have a set my Mama and Daddy gave me off an old tractor loader. I can lift a pallet with a ton but I keep it as low as possible with the 252B. Get a bit over truck bed height and she'll tilt on me. When the Cat people came to deliver the new 262, they pointed out that there are 200 lb weights on the front of the old machine. They figured it was used in mountain areas before we bought it used.
71schevelle, I don't know what you are talking about ;) :) . What is bad is when it gets all in your ears with an open cab like the Case I use to move.... manure!
Mark and Keifer, Thanks! I try not to do wheelies -I get in enough trouble when I leave skid marks and use up the rubber. I love the side swing and just have to .. what a time saver. Thanks, bordercollie