Stuck shuttle shift ??

BigAl

My nieghbor also has a Kioti DK45 with 150 hours total time . The shuttle shifter is frozen and refuses to move ! It is locked in forward now . Has anyone ever had this experience ?This came on slowly over a couple days as he used it . Just kept getting harder and harder to move until it just froze up ....??? I am a big man and I can't even begin to move it or it will snap off !!!
I have 500 hours on my DK45 and no worries at all .
Thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Al,
Good to see you over here. Probably no help, but my hydro stuck in low one time. I had to roll it some before I could get it out. Same with getting it into gear on a hill on another occasion. Rolling the wheels let me get it into gear (it had popped out of gear partway up the hill, cause I must not have seated it all the way when I switched to low.

My nieghbor also has a Kioti DK45 with 150 hours total time . The shuttle shifter is frozen and refuses to move ! It is locked in forward now . Has anyone ever had this experience ?This came on slowly over a couple days as he used it . Just kept getting harder and harder to move until it just froze up ....??? I am a big man and I can't even begin to move it or it will snap off !!!
I have 500 hours on my DK45 and no worries at all .
Thanks

Is your shuttle shift a hydraulic one or a pure mechanical?
Now this is the way with a JD reverser....YMMV...:rolleyes:
If it is a hydraulic...then you need to be sure your filters aren't clogged and you also need to be sure that your filter relief valve is not sticking or relieving oil back to the sump...because without an adequate supply of oil...you can't continue testing...:rolleyes:
Assuming you have an adequate supply...you now check pressures of the forward and reverse circuits...they should be about 170-180 psi...if there is a large descrepancy...then you will be breaking the unit apart...:(

DK35vince

I think I read about a similar problem recently with a DK 45 on a differant site.
If I remember right spraying penetrating oil on the linkage and where the shaft goes into the transmission solved the problem.
Worth a try anyway.

BigAl

I think I read about a similar problem recently with a DK 45 on a differant site.
If I remember right spraying penetrating oil on the linkage and where the shaft goes into the transmission solved the problem.
Worth a try anyway.

It is mechanical ligkage . I already pulled the inspection rubber cover at the base of the steering cover and gave it a good shot of WD40 where the linage goes into the transmission,yesterday . Hopefully that will loosen it up and then I can hit it with some lube oil .
We shall see .....

BigAl

Sorry about the delay in my reply . I ended up removing the side cover on the transmission case and some of the steering column to get all the way to where the shuttle lingage goes into the transmission case . I used a soft punch and popped the rod back into the case . It was frozen up . I removed it and polished it down, applied heavy grease to the shaft , reinstalled and it has worked perfect ever since . The local Kioti guy wanted $700 plus to do this . It took about 4 hours which included removing the FIL for easy access.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the update Al.
Good work. Glad to hear that fixed the issue, and you saved some major bucks!!! :thumb: