TYM 273 HST

Angelo921

A relative of mine recently purchased the TYM 273 HST and he asked me to look for him what accessories are available for purchase for this model. Im having a hard time when I google the model finding anything. I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out.

thanks
Angelo

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
does it have a 3 point hitch? If so it's simply a matter of sizing the tractor to the implement. ie: a 27hp tractor could probably handle a 5' ft bush hog, and a 6 ft pull behind mower deck. A 6' blade would also work. And maybe a 54" box blade. (54" is what I pull behind my 30hp tractor and it's plenty for it to pull. I always thought the box blade was 5' until I took a measuring stick to it. :pat: )
Anything in particular you were looking for implement wise?

Angelo921

does it have a 3 point hitch? If so it's simply a matter of sizing the tractor to the implement. ie: a 27hp tractor could probably handle a 5' ft bush hog, and a 6 ft pull behind mower deck. A 6' blade would also work. And maybe a 54" box blade. (54" is what I pull behind my 30hp tractor and it's plenty for it to pull. I always thought the box blade was 5' until I took a measuring stick to it. :pat: )
Anything in particular you were looking for implement wise?

Im not really sure if it has a 3 point hitch? He just told me to check out what accessories are available for his model. I actually know nothing about tractors.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As a general rule of thumb, tractors have a 3 point hitch. All tractors I know of have them. This makes it easy to use implements made by various manufacturers.
Specialized tractors can be ordered without the 3PH, but that is the exception.

Do you have any pics of the tractor? If not request a few pics with at least one being a shot of the rear end.

Last edited:

Erik

the TYM 273 has a 3-pt hitch. I think it's even a cat 1 (7/8" pins on the imprelents) - so it'll take lots of different attachments.
what does your relative want to be able to do with it?

wedgeheaded

the TYM 273 has a 3-pt hitch. I think it's even a cat 1 (7/8" pins on the imprelents) - so it'll take lots of different attachments.
what does your relative want to be able to do with it?

I just bought a new 09 left over t273 and it does have a cat 1 3 point hitch. I have a 60" mid mower on mine and it doesn't even know it's there. I plan to get a rear scraper blade for doing ditches and a pig pole. The TYM dealer should be able to point him in the right direction for attachments.

Erik

Cat 1 means you can buy attachments at Atwoods, TSC, and Orscheln's - or just about any other farm supply store.