kubota Q/A system for FEl

workinallthetime

just what excatly will this system fit, i now understand that it wont fit the universal skid steer type stuff so that leaves me ?ing. does that mean i paid the extra money so i could buy kubota pallet forks at twice the price and nothing else that will adapt to their Q/A system? :thumb:

Dougster

Old Member
just what excatly will this system fit, i now understand that it wont fit the universal skid steer type stuff so that leaves me ?ing. does that mean i paid the extra money so i could buy kubota pallet forks at twice the price and nothing else that will adapt to their Q/A system? :thumb:
I think that probably sums it up quite nicely Dan! ;) Heck, you could be a Kubota salesman! :D

If it ain't skid steer universal quick attach, it ain't nuthin' in my book. :)

Dougster

Archdean

I'm afraid so and not unlike other manufactures unless of course you start with the after market Q/A's to begin with Woods etc.

Dougster

Old Member
I'm afraid so and not unlike other manufactures unless of course you start with the after market Q/A's to begin with Woods etc.
Soooooo true. This is not a Kubota-specific problem. :notthatway:

Next step: See if there is an option to upgrade to skid steer universal quick attach! :thumb:

Dougster

workinallthetime

Soooooo true. This is not a Kubota-specific problem. :notthatway:

Next step: See if there is an option to upgrade to skid steer universal quick attach! :thumb:

Dougster

definatly!!!!!
there is a auction company about 2 miles from me that gets semi loads of skid steer stuff and sells it pretty cheep. they had about 15 grappels for about 400 each at one time.
1 thing at a time for now though, just bought a pole saw atchment for my stihl combi system, 300 bucks i get to explain to the cfo when i get home. :bangin:

Dougster

Old Member
definatly!!!!!
there is a auction company about 2 miles from me that gets semi loads of skid steer stuff and sells it pretty cheep. they had about 15 grappels for about 400 each at one time.
1 thing at a time for now though, just bought a pole saw atchment for my stihl combi system, 300 bucks i get to explain to the cfo when i get home. :bangin:
Geez Dan! It's a good thing you've got money!!! All that crazy expensive Kubota stuff... now Stihl stuff too??? Good Lord Man!!!

I tried to buy a Stihl pole saw at the end of last year in time for the business tax deduction. After visiting three dealers and doin' a lot of haggling, they finally told it to me straight: "Mister Dougster, You cannot afford a Stihl pole saw"! :eek:

I left rather disappointed and dejected... and ended up with a Poulan Pro from TSC later that same week. :rolleyes:

Where the heck do you get all your money??? :confused:

Dougster

Geez Dan! It's a good thing you've got money!!! All that crazy expensive Kubota stuff... now Stihl stuff too??? Good Lord Man!!!

I tried to buy a Stihl pole saw at the end of last year in time for the business tax deduction. After visiting three dealers and doin' a lot of haggling, they finally told it to me straight: "Mister Dougster, You cannot afford a Stihl pole saw"! :eek:

I left rather disappointed and dejected... and ended up with a Poulan Pro from TSC later that same week. :rolleyes:

Where the heck do you get all your money??? :confused:

Dougster

He has a CFO Doug, of course he has loot. And it is the CFO's job to make sure that he spends as little of the loot as possible. :wave: No if you had one of those you just might have more of the green stuff lying around. :mrgreen:

workinallthetime

guess i should have read a little deeper in the site before i got so mad about this it seems i can also add a different kubota bucket to, heck that changes it all, :badidea:

Optional attachemnts: Quick coupler; Pallet fork frame and 36 in. pallet forks; 54 in. and 60 in. pin-on/quick attach bruckets

there are just so many times during a job i could use that extra 6" on a different bucket, heck ill need to buy a bigger trailer so i can haul 2 buckets to the job site, gees they must have tbn members working for them. I can see it now 2 or 6 of them dooking it out over 6" on a bucket.

umm multiple reasons for the saw
#1 i had the engine unit
#2 big ice storm wasted a bunch of trees for people i know
#3 3 or 5 stiches in my mouth where a tree limb tried to impale me when it split
#4 and this is for the cfo, "just think how nice your woods will look and i can clean up for the neighbor so he wont charge us to rewire your new kitchen :thumb: "

Dougster

Old Member
guess i should have read a little deeper in the site before i got so mad about this it seems i can also add a different kubota bucket to, heck that changes it all, :badidea:

Optional attachemnts: Quick coupler; Pallet fork frame and 36 in. pallet forks; 54 in. and 60 in. pin-on/quick attach bruckets

there are just so many times during a job i could use that extra 6" on a different bucket, heck ill need to buy a bigger trailer so i can haul 2 buckets to the job site, gees they must have tbn members working for them. I can see it now 2 or 6 of them dooking it out over 6" on a bucket.

umm multiple reasons for the saw
#1 i had the engine unit
#2 big ice storm wasted a bunch of trees for people i know
#3 3 or 5 stiches in my mouth where a tree limb tried to impale me when it split
#4 and this is for the cfo, "just think how nice your woods will look and i can clean up for the neighbor so he wont charge us to rewire your new kitchen :thumb: "
No matter how you cut it, you will never get the economy and commercial-grade utility of skid steer universal quick attach unless you have skid steer universal quick attach. :eek: I can't even imagine how I could get by without it. :(

You seem to have your reasons down quite well for getting that expensive new pole saw. :) Okay... I guess I am just unhappy about being thrown out of so many Stihl dealerships empty-handed. :eek: But I won't hold it against you. ;)

Dougster

workinallthetime

Doug how about a list of your equipment? your always quick to point out what i buy is all yuppi realted but how about you? Ive read your threads for years and it seems to me that if they make it for a tractor you have it, come on spill the beans i want to see that list :waiting: .

Still dont know how i could be called a yuppie at 35, i consider my self a proud hard workin, no spellin, maybe a redneck, generation Xer.

A universal skid steer atachment it will be one of these days, so point me in the direction of where to buy one of good quality and not cost me an arm and leg. and when i get one do i also have to buy a new front bucket since this orange thing is made to only go to other orange things?

this weekend was sad, my dad loves my orange thing and after cranking on his green thing for awhile, puttin a charger on it and it still not starting he said "you never heard me say this but id sure like to have an orange one about now". He has some major pride in red, green and even blue tractors from being a farmer when he was young. He tells the story all the time of how he traded 2 mules he used on a trash route as a kid for a car and it was the worst mistake of his life. I buy most things not on price but on quality, rep and warranty otherwise your just buying things twice in my book.

Dougster

Old Member
Doug how about a list of your equipment? your always quick to point out what i buy is all yuppi realted but how about you? Ive read your threads for years and it seems to me that if they make it for a tractor you have it, come on spill the beans i want to see that list :waiting:.
Now you know that ain't true Dan! The poor old Dougster doesn't even have one tenth as much as Hollywood Brian has. In fact, make that not even one hundredth as much!!! :rolleyes:
Still dont know how i could be called a yuppie at 35, i consider my self a proud hard workin, no spellin, maybe a redneck, generation Xer.
Now Dan, I haven't called you a Yuppie in umpteen months now. But if I did or ever do again... it's just because you somehow manage to afford and drive them super-expensive orange tractors and mowers they sell over at the Yuppie Palace near me. You know that they don't even let me into their parking lot anymore 'cause I don't drive a Lexus SUV. :( That just ain't right! :eek:
A universal skid steer atachment it will be one of these days, so point me in the direction of where to buy one of good quality and not cost me an arm and leg. and when i get one do i also have to buy a new front bucket since this orange thing is made to only go to other orange things?
I think you better start at your local Yuppie Palace and see if orange already makes one for your machine. Might be best to swallow hard and keep that machine of yours all orange. If that doesn't work, I'll send you some info on some aftermarket tool carriers that might work.
this weekend was sad, my dad loves my orange thing and after cranking on his green thing for awhile, puttin a charger on it and it still not starting he said "you never heard me say this but id sure like to have an orange one about now". He has some major pride in red, green and even blue tractors from being a farmer when he was young. He tells the story all the time of how he traded 2 mules he used on a trash route as a kid for a car and it was the worst mistake of his life. I buy most things not on price but on quality, rep and warranty otherwise your just buying things twice in my book.
I can tell that it's hard for someone with long and proud traditions with American-made tractors going way back to accept the changes that have occurred in the marketplace. Heck, you know that the first tractor that interested me was lime green and I'm still heavily focused on a used JD 110 TLB (even if not lime green in color) if a good deal ever happens to come my way. He can certainly still do lime green if he wants to... but he need not be ashamed: If he can afford what he needs in orange, I say all power to him! :thumb: If I won the PowerBall lottery tomorrow, there'd be a 2008 M59 Kubota on order for me in about 4 minutes!!! :respect:

Just be sure to drive the Lexus SUV to your local Yuppie Palace so you don't have to park in the street! :mrgreen:

Dougster

workinallthetime

you the man doug and dont let any over all wearing yuppie tractor sellin man ever tell ya different !!!! Im in the car business but the one thing i hate is sales people. Seems like anyone who sells large ticket items is so full of bull butter that unless you know more about what your buying than the guy sellin it, you better role up your pant leggs cause its about to get deep. I had a customer today that some salesperson told them the truck they bought would get 18 mpg, it was a 6.2, crew cab, long bed, 4x4 with offroad option tires. things lucky to get 12 -15 but 18 only on a trailer. ugg sales people :moon3:

One day doug i will be back at my little business, but until then I will aquire my implements and tools as I go. I have had 3 offers with my current job to go to work in the dirt business and I tell each one makes me really think. To play in the dirt all day, get paid, and not have to pay for the equipment. what a dream

Now you know that ain't true Dan! The poor old Dougster doesn't even have one tenth as much as Hollywood Brian has. In fact, make that not even one hundredth as much!!! :rolleyes:
Dougster

WHAT! You should have stayed with the one tenth story. That maybe would have been believable, but I do not have hundreds of implements. Now everybody is going to know that your telling stories again.:smartass:

Dougster

Old Member
you the man doug and dont let any over all wearing yuppie tractor sellin man ever tell ya different !!!! Im in the car business but the one thing i hate is sales people. Seems like anyone who sells large ticket items is so full of bull butter that unless you know more about what your buying than the guy sellin it, you better role up your pant leggs cause its about to get deep. I had a customer today that some salesperson told them the truck they bought would get 18 mpg, it was a 6.2, crew cab, long bed, 4x4 with offroad option tires. things lucky to get 12 -15 but 18 only on a trailer. ugg sales people :moon3:
If I told you what I was getting while snowplowing, you'd really feel sorry for me. :rolleyes: Gotta get me a diesel truck someday soon!!! :thumb:
One day doug i will be back at my little business, but until then I will aquire my implements and tools as I go. I have had 3 offers with my current job to go to work in the dirt business and I tell each one makes me really think. To play in the dirt all day, get paid, and not have to pay for the equipment. what a dream
Well Dan, we all gotta do what we gotta do. But on that whole QA thing... I suggest you figure out what FEL attachments you'll ultimately want to have... then add up the prices and see if skid steer universal QA makes economic sense or not. It is not a simple decision if you are already into another system. But I suspect that someday you're gonna want to add a grapple, HD bucket and maybe a lot more. Make your decision based on the economics as best you can figure them out and go for the gusto! :)

Dougster

Dougster

Old Member
WHAT! You should have stayed with the one tenth story. That maybe would have been believable, but I do not have hundreds of implements. Now everybody is going to know that your telling stories again.:smartass:
Well, 1/100th may be too high but 1/10th is way too low... especially if one is going by total equipment weight instead of # of items. :rolleyes:

How 'bout 1/20th as a compromise??? That sounds about right to me! :thumb:

Dougster

Well, 1/100th may be too high but 1/10th is way too low... especially if one is going by total equipment weight instead of # of items. :rolleyes:

How 'bout 1/20th as a compromise??? That sounds about right to me! :thumb:

Dougster

Ok, now the story changes, total lbs of equipment, is that loaded or unloaded. If it is with our equipment loaded to its capacity, well you might very well be very close to the 1/100th figure then. But only because we have equipment that I was not aware that you new of. Soooooo, it ends up that you might be right. Who new?:wave:

Dougster

Old Member
Ok, now the story changes, total lbs of equipment, is that loaded or unloaded. If it is with our equipment loaded to its capacity, well you might very well be very close to the 1/100th figure then. But only because we have equipment that I was not aware that you knew of. Soooooo, it ends up that you might be right. Who knew?:wave:
BINGO!!! Win one for the old Dougster!!! :thumb:

So much for my willingness to compromise!!! :rolleyes: Sheesh!!! :badidea:

Dougster

p.s., I love that line I highlighted above!!! I may quote it often! :mrgreen: -d