Massey 1745 Round Baler Probs

olcowhand

Been trying to roll fescue hay today. It was on the damp side (wet now...raining) but our old New Holland would have rolled it. This one just wraps the feeder roller with fescue, then grabs the small started roll & pulls it out & lodges it between the shaft & the belts. Taking the pickup guide arms with it, bending them out of shape. The fescue is quite fine, so wrapping is more likely with it's fine texture, but geez, $12,000.00 and slightly damp stops it in it's tracks!?? The dealer told us when we bought it last fall that it would roll wet baylage, but there is NO way it could with fescue anyway. It rolled last year fine on the same fields, but it was dry as powder at baling time then. Wondering if anyone here has dealt with this model? It's hard to get hay in the perfect state every time, and we had hoped to roll it up before the rains came. The bad thing is, our neighbor had damp...no wet hay down, and the guy who rolled it while I was fighting my baler had NO problems at all & was finished before I got one bale rolled It was a big John Deere roller & always heard they were king, and I'm beginning to agree with that!