Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks. Trailers at my house aren't stored indoors. I'd need a whole new building since I have 11 of them (but 2 don't really count since they're 10 & 17 cu/ft yard carts).
I would brush on linseed oil on the new wood before winter to seal them up. They look great.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I will be staining/sealing but want that wolmanized wood to dry for a few months first.

Got my truckload of wood today. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Kanook

I will be staining/sealing but want that wolmanized wood to dry for a few months first.

Got my truckload of wood today. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Am I the only one who only sees 3 small boxes with red X in them instead of the 3 pics?...Using IE xplorer and Goog Chrome.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's odd since I linked the image from another of Doc's sites.
Let's try it again using direct imbed of pics.

Attachments

• CIMG0200.jpg
    CIMG0200.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 77
  • CIMG0201.jpg
    CIMG0201.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 77
  • CIMG0203.jpg
    CIMG0203.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 78

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I see three sets of pics.

What's you gonna do with all that wood Brian?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm confused then ...I've never heard of staining and sealing wood you are going to burn. What's up with that?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm confused then ...I've never heard of staining and sealing wood you are going to burn. What's up with that?
The staining is to make it look nice, the sealing is so you don't have to cover the wood pile.

Just kidding. I was replying to Muley's post about staining/sealing the trailers but then said I got my pile of wood. 2 subjects in one post.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hit the wood pile last night for a couple hours. Will do this daily.

Attachments

• CIMG0208.jpg
    CIMG0208.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 66
  • CIMG0212.jpg
    CIMG0212.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 114

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Collie, thank you for the tip on the DK45 filter. I will need to do the 50 hour service on my DK45SE this fall, and that's the first ting I've read on that stubborn filter that has actually made sense. You've no doubt save me a lot of trouble as well as cussing!

Thanks

Fred

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Have 2 truck loads of logs already paid for and will buy 2 more. These Amish boys can process a load a day and stack it in my woodshed. They split most of it by hand and only use my splitter for real tough pieces. I just cleaned up last years sawdust/bark with the skid steer between the support logs. Man we cut a bunch of wood last winter. Have 2 loads of slab wood on order when the mill switches back to oak and maple. Have my kindling box all filled and ready. Would like to expand my wood shed another 10 ft. and put a coal bin in the back of it for the stove in the greenhouse and slab wood out front. I burned my boiler all summer on slab wood. Cheaper than propane to heat my hot water.

Kanook

Evidently them Damn Canadians dont know Cars dont float.

Our Canoe Cars do just fine....It's them darn Chebbys and Ferds ya keep sendin' us from Detroit that we're havin' trouble ta keep a floatin....and that darn road pavin' masheens ya sent us don't work good too. Soon as the asphalt comes out the rearend, it jus sinks to the bottom.

Mark.Sibole

Our Canoe Cars do just fine....It's them darn Chebbys and Ferds ya keep sendin' us from Detroit that we're havin' trouble ta keep a floatin....and that darn road pavin' masheens ya sent us don't work good too. Soon as the asphalt comes out the rearend, it jus sinks to the bottom.

LOL Kanook How did I know you would have a comment.I dont think its the car its more operator error.
I seen last week the Dumbasses in New york were trying the same thing.Didnt work out so well there either.
When God was handing out brains i think a lot of folks thought he said trains and took the first one out!

Status
Not open for further replies.