FEL parts

I have a fel made by Yamnar diesel in Chicago Ill. I need to rebuild all cylinders and the valve. It is a model YEL240. I would really appreciate any and all help.

Mark777

Hey Tinkertoys,

Since your loader is a YFL, nearly certain it's manufactured by Kanzaki. Yanmar and Kanzaki have a long history even before they merged a few years ago...and the loader was designed to Yanmar's specifications.

I haven't heard of any problems acquiring rebuild parts for these loaders but if you'd rather go directly to someone who specializes and maintains an inventory I wouldn't hesitate to contact Len Sheaffer: www.sheaftractor.net as he probably has the parts you need in stock...or can order them in a reasonable time frame.

Does your FEL look anything like this one ?

shinnlinger

Tinker,

If it were me, and I had an old tractor, and I didn't want to spend a ton of money, I would measure my existing cylinders (bore, stroke, lenght, pin size) take a good look at the vave and then go here http://www.surpluscenter.com/

I bet with a whisker of tinker you could replace your stuff (you have to take it off to rebuild anyway) have a little fun and save yourself some cash in the process. Hell, why you are at it, spend your savings and add an extra valve and some more cyliders for a grapple

For me, surplus center is a little tough on the shipping, but for you it might not be so bad. You have enough need you might even warrant a little road trip, maybe visit a friend along the way(or have it shipped to him instead)

Mark777

OK....forget everything I said.

I forgot you have a YM240D and the loader is certainly not a YFL series. I'm thinking it's a Southbend and made for the domestic Yanmars? I'm pretty sure that the fittings are standard SAE and should be available just about anywhere at your local hydraulics repair shops. If you remove you loader control valve and a single ram they should be able to 'Mic' the bore and locate numbers on the valve for repair kits.

Sorry for all the previous wrong information :(.

Mark

lens12

I can see if parts are available since it is a US model loader. Alot of the loader parts are becoming obsolete from Yanmar, but if I have dimensions , I may be able to supply them from other sources.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Len, Mark, everybody,

Tinkertoys names that loader, Yanmar model YEL240, at the top of this thread. He put a photo in a previous thread: http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1044&d=1197743922

Len, while you're at it - I have a YM240 level 3 (Tinkertoys looks to be level 4), and mine has a Great Bend GB-20 loader which I think was the dealer option for my year. Photo:
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=620&d=1194097889
Note the brace that goes forward from the mast is different on a GB loader.
Could you find a valve for this loader as well? The present valve has AICO cast in it. I see a similar valve at surpluscenter, but it's for greater volume.

Thanks!

len12;

I don't know what kind of measurements you need. The shaft is 1-1/8" and the bore is 2-1/16". I measured these 2 or 3 times to be sure. If you nrrd more let me know...........

Mark777

Len is a great resource for the mundane and also the very rare...but he doesn't stick around too long does he??...LOL.

He can be reached here and does return email inquiries: Len Sheaffer - Sheaffer town and country tractor www.sheaftractor.net

Mark