Noisy 2630 Front Hyd Pump

mmitze

New member, first post, I have a 2630 I just bought that has a front hydraulic pump that makes a loud grinding/rattle type noise (like a worn out clutch release bearing) only when I depress the clutch and only when the tractor is not in gear. I split the tractor after I bought it, the old clutch/bearings were worn but fine but I rebuilt the clutch/all bearings anyway, the noise is there and definitely from the front of the tractor and not the clutch. The front pump noise I get when the clutch is depressed is independent of the operation of the 3-point, the hyd PTO, the SCVs (runs a loader) and the steering. All hyd systems are fine and do not chatter, Pump pressure is good but has not been tested. The noise does not happen when the tractor is in gear and I depress the clutch to stop.
The tractor has 6000 + hrs, an Independent Hyd PTO, 2 SCVs, but no Hi/Lo or reverser. Bought this on a consignment sale and the front hydraulic pump was suppose to have just been rebuilt (do not know if a JD dealer did it). I changed the Hydraulic oil, hyd filter and checked the rear pump screen (old filter, screen and oil looked excellent). Is this a normal noise for what seems to be a noisy tractor and does anyone have any ideas, I do not like noises I cannot explain. Mike

sandman

We have an old 4010 jd that kinda does the same thing as it has a secondary booster pump serving the main pump that runs only when the clutch is released. We only notice it when the oil is low. Hope this helps.