52 Ferg TO20/30, 3pt lift failing

chadwellp

My father-in-law has passed an antique to me that I am trying to fix. The lift will go completely up or completely down, but I cannot set it in between. To make it drop, I have to push the lever past the bottom of the slide. When I pull the lever above the botom, the lift goes completely to the top. I have alread changed out all the oil. I took out the four bolts that hold the lever on the side and see there is spindle that sticks inside. One side seems worn, could this be the issue? Should the spindle be completely round? I'm thinking of taking it to a machine shop to rebuild the metal on the spindle. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to all of this. Any other websites that would be heplful would be great.

Thanks

sounds like someone pulled to hard with the 3 point hitch and maybe broke the plunger inside the pump , we had this happen on a to-20 , changed the oil , no help or the plunger in there may not be put in right , e had ours apart 3 times before a guy we knew figurs it out , that little plunger in there is spring loaded and if it is not right it will not work right , its a simple fix , our had broke and had to put a new one in and it worked fine , i am not a wiz at this at all but this is what happened to our 1950 to-20, hope this helps a bit , u have to pull the pump to fix it , or it could be a bad pump to ,either way it is not to expensive if u do the labor your self ,

old1mech

I am not sure how similar it is to a MF 65 but it may just need adjusting. If you don't have a manual you might check into a Jensales . Good luck!!