5045E

fishrman

Anybody have one of these made in India tractors?
I have been thinking strongly about trying one with a loader.
Have checked around some about trading in my TT45A New Holland that only has a little over 200 hours on it and it a 2006 model.
I, for the life of me, can't figure out how one dealer can be as far apart as the other dealer is on trade. One is at 13,300.00 difference and I just got a quote from another dealer who is at 20,520.00!!! Over 7,000.00 difference between the two dealers is a bunch! I am thinking one of them has made a mistake. I still like my little New Holland but would enjoy the 4 wheel drive and loader, I think.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't know anyone that has that one but a friend has a 5425 which is probably pretty close. Loves the tractor (and the cab it has).

I wouldn't worry about the trade amounts as much as the out the door price (cash out of your pocket). If they're still $7K apart then I'd be really wondering.

If this helps, my friends 5425, is a 2006 and is cherry with cab, new tires, low hours for around $25K if I recall. No loader but it's plumbed for it.

fishrman

I don't know anyone that has that one but a friend has a 5425 which is probably pretty close. Loves the tractor (and the cab it has).

I wouldn't worry about the trade amounts as much as the out the door price (cash out of your pocket). If they're still $7K apart then I'd be really wondering.

If this helps, my friends 5425, is a 2006 and is cherry with cab, new tires, low hours for around $25K if I recall. No loader but it's plumbed for it.
The numbers I quoted were difference in my total out of pocket money or hard money difference. They are 7000.00 out of pocket difference.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My bad. I read it wrong thinking the numbers you gave were what they were going to give you for your tractor.

Well, I'd ask the dealer why he wants $20K when you can get it elsewhere for $13K. He'll either try to BS you, bad-mouth the other dealer or get his price in line. I'd probably still go to the dealer for the $13K quote. Sounds like he didn't try to screw you from the start.

fishrman

My bad. I read it wrong thinking the numbers you gave were what they were going to give you for your tractor.

Well, I'd ask the dealer why he wants $20K when you can get it elsewhere for $13K. He'll either try to BS you, bad-mouth the other dealer or get his price in line. I'd probably still go to the dealer for the $13K quote. Sounds like he didn't try to screw you from the start.

I agree and the reason I didn't buy the tractor from the first dealer (the 13,000) difference was because I thought he was being a little shady and I still think that for whatever that is worth. The deal is, they are having a special deal on some of the tractors including that one for 0% financing for 5 years or 1500. off for cash. He told me he could get me the 0% but when I told him I wasn't interested in the 0% and that I would rather just pay the cash and get the 1500.00 off, he told me he couldn't do that! Now, how can you do one and not the other, I still haven't figured that out!!