Bobcat CUTs (with pic)

J

JayC

I don't know if any of you here have seen this, but I found this over at TBN. It appears that Bobcat will roll out 21, 25, and 30 hp units first followed by others later.

BobcatCUT.jpg

The loader is noticeably different. The reasons why Bobcat went with a different loader is just speculation right now (one reason was the KL didn't spec up to Bobcat reqs and another is Kioti didn't want them to have KLs, take your pick :D). It was brought out on TBN that the loader is a Rhino, which specs out a bit higher than the KL130 FEL, I think. Overall, I think they look sharp.

Mark777

I have heard Bobcat was going to do this but that's the first picture I've seen. Nice looking tractor....I even like the colors. Can't tell but it must be 4WD, right?

Thanks for sharing!

Mark

J

JayC

I like the colors, too. For some reason I like white machines. :D Terex has white stuff, too.

Yes, it is 4WD. Typically, you can tell a 4WD tractor apart from a 2WD is that the front tires will be the same tread as the rears. Sometimes they will be different but it's not too common. Since the Bobcats are repainted Kiotis, all their models will be 4WD since all Kioti models are 4WD. It is rare anymore to see a 2WD CUT. I can't even think of any brands off the top of my head except maybe a Chinese brand may be 2WD. The Mahindra C35 (I think that's the model number) is 2WD.

Mith

Didnt the Kioti KL loaders crack or something. I can see why bobcat would want to put something different on them in that case. Any idea how the price compares to the Kioti?
Wonder if bobcat will be making their own CUTs in the future if these sell well?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice looking tractor. This venture should be very good for both Kioti and Bobcat. Especially if they are price enough below the big three (JD, Kubota & New Holland).

J

JayC

Didnt the Kioti KL loaders crack or something. I can see why bobcat would want to put something different on them in that case. Any idea how the price compares to the Kioti?
Wonder if bobcat will be making their own CUTs in the future if these sell well?

The KL loaders did have a cracking issue. Kioti issued a bolt on fix for those that had the affected loaders. For new loaders they introduced, I guess it's called, a torquetube.

06_l.jpg

You can see the torquetube in this photo. It is just behind the bucket. One thing I rememberd while reading the other site is that Kioti doesn't make their own loaders. If I remember right, the company that makes their loaders is KMW.

I don't remember where I read it, but I read that someone got pricing on one and it actually came out cheaper than Kioti in their area.

B

bczoom

This venture should be very good for both Kioti and Bobcat. Especially if they are price enough below the big three (JD, Kubota & New Holland).
Well, I'm not sure how this is going to work out...
I can't find the source right now but Bobcat introducing CUT's may actually hurt them.

Here's the scenario as told to me (but needs validation...).
Bobcat and Kubota had some sort of agreement. In North America Kubota will pretty much keep out of the small construction equipment (skid steers, excavators...) so as to not compete against Bobcat. In exchange, Bobcat stays out of Kubota's CUT market.
Well, I don't have any info on what changed but if Bobcat is introducing CUT's, there's expectations that Kubota will now jump a lot more heavily into the construction equipment market. In that Kubota already has all these products and are selling them out of the North American market, they already have everything except the shipping and dealership capacities (which won't take long).
The question is who's going to win and who's going to loose. I'm guessing Kubota will come out on top in that they can probably grab a much larger market share of construction equipment from Bobcat than Bobcat can grab of the CUT market.

buckle97

Typically, you can tell a 4WD tractor apart from a 2WD is that the front tires will be the same tread as the rears.

This is the first indicator I look for to tell if a tractor is 2wd or 4wd.

It is rare anymore to see a 2WD CUT. I can't even think of any brands off the top of my head except maybe a Chinese brand may be 2WD.

While it is fairly rare to see a 2wd CUT, each of the big three still offer 2wd models of CUT's.