RTV 900 seatbelts - where to get?

FTG-05

I need to replace the seatbelts in my 2006 RTV. Some time before I got it, the originals were removed.

It looks like they attach with 5/16" (or equivalent metric) bolts, so generic seat belts would work fine.

If you wanted new-ish seat belts for your RTV without paying lots of $$$, where would you go?

Thanks

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
How about looking at a auto salvage dealer or junk yard? Just a thought.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
How about looking at a auto salvage dealer or junk yard? Just a thought.

This is a good suggestion but around here they won't sell seatbelts. My local guy says just a liability issue and he also said the new ones have an explosive bolt that fires and locks the belt forever in an accident and they cannot be sold.

Worth an ask but the old days are gone around here.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
All they are are generic seat belts. I got a pair like them in 67 to make my 58 VW legal to get on post in Germany at the PX, so most any Auto Parts store will have them......lol....haven't used mine on my unit in YEARS.....come by and take them off....they're yours...........

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you can't get them in a junk yard, try e-bay.

I wanted a 3rd seat belt for the middle. To get a plain seat belt, look to get a back seat middle seat (so it has no shoulder belt). If memory serves me, I got it from a Toyota Corolla and it bolted right in to the RTV.