RTV X1140 Hand Throttle??

Lee1935

I have one on my X900. worth ten times what I paid☺☺ Part number? call your dealer, from what I've learned different years might have different part numbers

ovrszd

Yeah, I have one on my 900 too. Friend has a 1140 but can't find a kit for that machine. Parts Department says they don't know if the 900 kit will fit.

ovrszd

After contacting Kubota Customer Satisfaction my friend has been given a kit number of V4497. Trying to order it locally now. I'll report back with the results.

ovrszd

I found V5243

Kubota told my friend that wouldn't fit the 1140. No explanation as to why. Possibly cable length??? I'm not familiar with the machine so don't know if the engine is farther rearward from the knob location???

ovrszd

You could call Messicks 877 260 3528, if their is one for your rig they will know about it.

I don't know who he talked to, but they told him they didn't show a kit for the 1140 and didn't know if the V5243 would fit. I was really surprised. I've always got excellent, knowledgeable service from their parts department. Maybe it was lunch hour.... :)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I would have thought the hand throttle for the 1100 and the 1140 would be one and the same.

I just installed on my X900. The kit for the x900 is different than the 1100 but my instructions covered the 1100 series. Not sure about the 1140.

ccmdvl1960

Remember that the 1140 is a longer machine than the 900 and 1100. It is probably a different kit only because it needs a longer cable. Your dealer would be able to give you the exact part number.

Lee1935

Out of curiosity I searched the internet for hand throttle and then viewed images. Lots of throttles in all shapes and forms.

someone handy with their hands could build their own ?☺☺

CKing

I know of two types, one you pull and it locks then you turn the handle to fine adjust the speed, the one on my x1100 give you about 1/2 and thats all, no adjustment.

ovrszd

The desired type is push button on knob, pull to desired speed, release button it stays at that position, turn knob clockwise/counterclockwise to fine tune.

This type would be very hard to design because of the technical workings of the knob.

ovrszd

Update. My friend ended up with kit V5245. The instructions don't mention the 1140 but it works fine.