23 thousand hours on a Deere?

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I just noticed this on Craigslist. (Northern portion of San Francisco region).

***5310N John Deer Tractor for sale**** - $9200

Enclosed Cab, AC, 23,524 hrs.

3na3oa3p45T05Pd5Rda3i6dca6cd9c4101645.jpg

.................................................................................................

That's 11+ years continuous figuring 40-hour weeks, or half that if double shifts. Before counting any downtime hours for maintenance.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Could be a typo , But the high hours would explain the cheap price . used there going for 20 K around here in decent shape . :tiphat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It looks like the state owned ones that are used for mowing along the roads. If so it probably had good maintenance and would be a good buy for someone at 9k.

Dargo

I just noticed this on Craigslist. (Northern portion of San Francisco region).

***5310N John Deer Tractor for sale**** - $9200

Enclosed Cab, AC, 23,524 hrs.

3na3oa3p45T05Pd5Rda3i6dca6cd9c4101645.jpg

.................................................................................................

That's 11+ years continuous figuring 40-hour weeks, or half that if double shifts. Before counting any downtime hours for maintenance.

So you figure that I still have some time left on my Deere? I have a Deere that basically is a 2004 version of that same tractor with 700 hours on it. I've been using Amsoil HD Diesel/Marine since 200 hours.

Oh, BTW, it sure has made things easier after I bought that white marking paint pen and started writing the date and hours on all my filters when I change them. I still write it in the manual, but I don't make a habit of reading those too often.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, BTW, it sure has made things easier after I bought that white marking paint pen and started writing the date and hours on all my filters when I change them. I still write it in the manual, but I don't make a habit of reading those too often.
I do that as well. I also have a piece of cardboard stapled to my shop wall where I keep a running list of each piece of equipment and service performed for quick reference.

My dad does the white marker thing on the underside of the hood. It's a permanent record using that approach.