1962 John Deere 2010 clutch issue

zipsayain

My dad has a 1962 John Deere 2010 and it some what pretty jumpy(leaps forward) when you let the clutch out. Is this common?

homemade

clutch

probably has leaking rear seal or somehow getting oil on plate, drive it up to a very solid structure like a tree or barn and let the clutch slip a little should burn any oil off, this is a temporary fix but will do for a while until you want to take it apart, i had a m farmall that would do this once and awhile never had to split yet

Last edited:

jd110

On the 2010 utility model, I find with my long legs that the pedal is at an awkward angle for me. It makes it harder to feather the pedal. You might have a problem with the clutch such as homemade suggested, but not for sure.

zipsayain

20120719_090502.jpg

20120719_090546.jpg

20120719_090617.jpg

Underneath the clutch and I think I'm missing something here.. What you guys think?

jd110

The lever you are pointing out is actually a hydraulic pump disconnect lever. It is missing a link that attaches to the pin and the link then went up through the foot board slot behind the clutch pedal. You were supposed to be able to push down on the link with your foot while cranking the engine to disconnect the hydraulic pump. It would assist in starting the engine in cold weather when the oil was thick. The missing part is item number 27.

Attachments

• T7427__________UN01JAN94.jpg
    T7427__________UN01JAN94.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 23

zipsayain

The lever you are pointing out is actually a hydraulic pump disconnect lever. It is missing a link that attaches to the pin and the link then went up through the foot board slot behind the clutch pedal. You were supposed to be able to push down on the link with your foot while cranking the engine to disconnect the hydraulic pump. It would assist in starting the engine in cold weather when the oil was thick. The missing part is item number 27.

Well, that explains why it wasn't replaced from the last owner, he didn't feel the need to replace,nor do I... lol. But thanks for the info.