hydrostatic with a forward/reverse pedal.

4200-tractor steering was not responding so I added fluid.I did some mowing and steering improved then tractor stopped ,will not move in any gear,not lifting,I do not see any fluid leak?????????

irwin

Check the filter(s)? Then on to linkages.. Might even be the engine to trans splined hub connector.

Had the hub break on a skid steer I had. Wouldn't move or anything but that engine would purr.

Best of luck Tim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hmmmmm very strange. Off hand I can't think of anything but will think on it.

rechecked hoses and connections, no leaks so added fluid sight glass hard to read.still no steering ,movement forward or back,or lift of attachments.--?pump or transmission I suspect

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Like Irwin said, clogged filters can cause such a problem. Have you checked those? Do you know the last time they were changed.

jacked tractor rear wheels to check filters and noticed stream of fluid from front hydro pump hose.ha hole in hose leaked about two gal.ordered new hose.pressure leak as well as fluid ,seems to have id the problem

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
congrats on finding the issue and thanks for following up here. You had us stumped.

anyone with experience connecting rubber hydro hose from pump to metal transmission pipe. The distance between hose and starter is so narrow I cannot get clamp around connection without great difficulty and splitting the hose trying to get it far enough down on the pipe so it will clamp and not leak. I know sounds simple but after repeated attempts and splitting the hose any suggestions would be appreciated.

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
Can you take the starter off, replace the hose, then re-install the starter?

Bob

yes did that last time,then had to pay to reassemble starter which would not fit. after that let the shop do it,called shop to ask how to.they haven't called back yet:)

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Take a dremel tool and lightly bevel the inside of the hose end. Blow it out real good and apply some vaseline to the end for about a 1/4 inch.