Welcome New Members

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I see we have a lot of new members in the last week or so that haven't posted. Stop in here and introduce yourselves. We are a friendly bunch and would like to hear about your equipment. Best of all we like pictures.

Stop in, say Hello and let's talk tractors. :tiphat:

TylerJ

Hi there everyone, I'm a newbie to the site - just joined today. I'm a truck driver, but occasionally have a chance to drive tractors as well ;).
:wave:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to Net Tractor Talk Tyler. I'm glad you found us.
Many of us only get to drive our tractors part time, but we do enjoy every minute of it. :thumb: :D

What size & kind of tractor do you have?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Merton, welcome to Net Tractor Talk!!!!!

Enjoy and post often. :thumb: :D

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
This is a really nice site and I feel right at home after coming over from CTR. Thanks to All for such a warm welcome and to BCZoom for encouraging me to come.!! I live and work on a 1000 acre cattle farm that in some form or another has been around since 1842. The house is the same age and I did the stained glass restoration on it and my sis and brother in law oversaw the entire house restoration project . About a third of that land is in old forests(really tranquil back there -with owls, woodpeckers and other strange noises) (like hundreds of years ago untouched by man) and another couple hundred is leased out to neighbor row croppers. We graze that during the winter as well as the normal pastures. I spend my Fall /Winter time doing fence work/repair and loading the feed wagon and odd jobs around the place. . Fall is calving season and the RTV stays busy checking on the herd. We sometimes deliver calves that are having problems coming into the world. Just plan a special event and a cow will "throw a wrench in it".In the Spring, I am busy spraying Grazon with the RTV before the cotton comes up- then comes other chores here and there.Summer is busy with gardening cutting grass and other Summer chores. Again, the RTV stays busy moving cows etc.There is always something to do but it is a good life. Bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bordercollie,

Your post there sounds like it should be a thread in and of itself. I'm sure I can speak for many in saying that we would all like to hear more, and in more detail. Care to start a thread? BTW, we reaalllyyy like pictures.

TylerJ

Hi, thanks for warm welcome. I don't own a tractor unfortunately. But my brother has a John Deere 6820 - beatiful machine.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Zoom. That sounds like fun-if others will join in. By the way- I over estimated the old forest acreage. It is more like 10% of the total but is still God's country back there. Sorry for the miss info. Blame it on me trying to get off the blood pressure med. Had to start back on it today.( After a tremendous headache etc) . Bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
By the way- I over estimated the old forest acreage. It is more like 10% of the total but is still God's country back there. Sorry for the miss info.
In no way is an apology necessary. Hope your BP gets back under control.

Bordercollie,

Take that BP medicine on time..........I take mine 2 times a day like clockwork and have had no problems to date.............

Rusty Anvil,,,,

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BC,

Got to thinking about your BP. Here's a list of some nice home remedies you may be able to use. There's one there for your BP.

Simple home remedies:

1. AVOID CUTTING YOURSELF WHEN SLICING VEGETABLES BY GETTING SOMEONE ELSE
TO HOLD THE VEGETABLES WHILE YOU CHOP.

2. AVOID ARGUMENTS WITH THE FEMALES ABOUT LIFTING THE TOILET SEAT BY USING THE SINK.

3. FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SUFFERERS ~ SIMPLY CUT YOURSELF AND BLEED FOR A
FEW MINUTES, THUS REDUCING THE PRESSURE ON YOUR VEINS. REMEMBER TO USE A TIMER.

4. A MOUSE TRAP PLACED ON TOP OF YOUR ALARM CLOCK WILL PREVENT YOU FROM
ROLLING OVER AND GOING BACK TO SLEEP AFTER YOU HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON.

5. IF YOU HAVE A BAD COUGH, TAKE A LARGE DOSE OF LAXATIVES. THEN YOU'LL BE
AFRAID TO COUGH.

6. YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT
TAPE.

7. IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

DAILY THOUGHT:

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Zoom ,Hahaha Now I really feel welcomed!!!!!!! Thanks for the laughs that was soo funny !. Rusty,After the way I felt today.. I won't ever- not take it again. I'd laid off of it for a couple of weeks hoping I could beat it... Bordercollie

bczoom,
Was looking thru the posts on this new site and found this thread. I laughed so much I had to invite my wife and daughter in the room to read your home remedies. They thought that number 5 was the best and so true. I don't usually share what the boys are talking about but I do make exceptions when its really good. BTW speaking of funny comments where's Tommy?

se0sea

from western NC

hello all. came across this site and decided to join. full of good info on here.
dont own a real tractor, just have a MTD lawn tractor. this week am buying a repo Bush Hog TH4400 UTV. mossy oak paint and only 190 hours on it.
would like some feedback on this if any of you know about the UTV. I did research it, and think I made a good decision.
anyway, look forward to meeting you all.:wave:

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

I'm not familiar with the Bush Hog UTV but the other stuff they make is fine. Someone with experience should show up soon. If the weather everywhere is like what we have here they're all outside with their tractors!

Jim

se0sea

Welcome to the Forum! :tiphat:

Glad you found us!

I'm not familiar with the Bush Hog UTV but the other stuff they make is fine. Someone with experience should show up soon. If the weather everywhere is like what we have here they're all outside with their tractors!

Jim

thanks Jim. I was outside as well mowing the property. awesome day here in NC.