Anyone tried the new undercoating by Fluidfilm?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I get got a sale email from them on the new undercoating available in black.. I was wondering if anyone has tried it?
I love the old fluid film but it doesn't stay on the undersides very long with heavy use so this caught my eye. I have a 1994 Toyota with the tar type undercoating and it's still under there LOL.. so I'm sorta spoiled.. I know this isn't the same but was wondering about it longevity- weeks? maybe months?
https://www.kellsportproducts.com/

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i haven't used woolwax before but i have used a product called waxoyl and it works real good. i suspect that woolwax will equal or surpass waxoyl.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ok Thank you Aurthuritis. I may have to try it when I run out of what I have. collie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ok Thank you Aurthuritis. I may have to try it when I run out of what I have. collie
I got the same e-mail and will be doing the same (use up what I have first). I think I still have 4 gallons so it may be quite awhile before I make the swap. Actually, I may get one gallon of this new stuff and keep it dedicated to undercoating the truck and use the other gallons already on the shelf for other items like implements or mower decks or whatever.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i used the plastic snorkle tube to treat the roll cage on my x1100c by inserting into the drain holes at the bottom and fishing the snorkle a few feet up into the tube. i also had a tailgate rust issue on my wifes landcruiser so i treated it the same way. the landcruiser rust has completely stopped. good stuff

bob1008

SUPER Site Supporter
I get got a sale email from them on the new undercoating available in black.. I was wondering if anyone has tried it?
I love the old fluid film but it doesn't stay on the undersides very long with heavy use so this caught my eye. I have a 1994 Toyota with the tar type undercoating and it's still under there LOL.. so I'm sorta spoiled.. I know this isn't the same but was wondering about it longevity- weeks? maybe months?
https://www.kellsportproducts.com/

Hi, I'm Bob from Kellsport Products. Please let me know if I can provide any information on the Woolwax product. Thanks.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Bob - Welcome to the forum! It's great to have a rep here for answering questions.

bob1008

SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Bob - Welcome to the forum! It's great to have a rep here for answering questions.

Thanks bczoom. I emailed the admin to ask about vendor sponsorships, etc. so that I don't violate any forum rules. Waiting to hear back. I hope that it's ok to participate here.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
All is good Bob. Bob was refreshingly unique in that he donated to support the forums even before we spoke of advertising in his sig here. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Welcome to Net Tractor Talk Bob. Enjoy and post often. :tiphat: :clap::clap:

RKP in SB

i used the plastic snorkle tube to treat the roll cage on my x1100c by inserting into the drain holes at the bottom and fishing the snorkle a few feet up into the tube. i also had a tailgate rust issue on my wifes landcruiser so i treated it the same way. the landcruiser rust has completely stopped. good stuff
I wonder if it would have stopped the recurring rust in the rear bumper of my old Land Cruiser? Whatever those 4 holes were for, they were sure great for opening it up to rust. After multiple sessions of taking it down to bare metal and re-painting with Rust-Oleum, I finally surrendered and just slapped a bumper sticker over it.

Attachments

• LC 2.jpg
    LC 2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 35
  • LC LH side.jpg
    LC LH side.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 34