Mahindra now selling implements

PBinWA

Mahindra is now selling it's own branded implements. I doubt they are made by Mahindra though.

http://www.mahindrausa.com/allImplements.php

It's also interesting that Mahindra is now listing MSRP pricing for all their tractors and implements. I like this move as it gives the web researcher a ball park price to go on when comparison shopping.

larryRB

every time Kubota sent a questionaire, I put, place MSRP pricing in the web page. It would stop the dealers around here, some of them that get MSRP and quite a bit more,., Their gouging would force them to become better dealers,, (more honest)

PBinWA

Yup - I think putting some pricing on a page is just common sense. It at least gives the shopper a ball park figure and it does keep the dealer honest.

It's one thing to sell at the MSRP but it it's a lot harder to sell above it.

larryRB

not here, dealers don't even have to work at it,. and many will look you right in the eye and tell you, screw these yuppies, they have it young where we never did.. most of it is lack of economic knowledge and more so jealousy

Dougster

Old Member
MahindraUSA has since removed the MSRPs from their website. They say it's better for everyone if the list prices remain top secret, but I don't see how that can possibly help. :confused:

This reminds me of an encounter years ago with a Harley dealer when Harleys were super hot and big markups over list were SOP if you wanted one today. I remember the salesman looking me in the eye and telling me with a straight face that he had absolutely no idea what Harley's list price was on any of his bikes in his showroom. :eek:

Can you say "Big Fat Liar"??? :bash: :forgetit:

Dougster

EDL

It's better for the dealer, but not the customer. How the heck are you going to do any price comparisons via the web?

I think the dealers want it this way so pricing can vary a lot and mainly so it forces you to physically go to a dealer. They figure they have a better chance of making a sale if they get you on the lot. Kinda like car salesmen do.

Another thing that annoys me as I discovered here in the last few weeks, the Mahindra dealers up this way that actually have a webpage, or even an e-mail address don't reply when you fill out the form requesting a price quote. I have e-mailed practically every dealer in Pa and even some in Ohio and out of all of that two, exactly two replied with price quotes (one of them gave me the price quotes I posted here in the Mahindra Prices post). There was one other that did reply, but he wanted to know where I lived. He said he is building his business on customer service and basically didn't want customers that are too far away. I replied that I am 2 hours drive away and if he was indeed focused on customer service I would rather drive 2 hours and support his business than deal with a local dead beat. He never replied back.

I replied back to the Mahindra dealer that gave me reasonable quotes with a few questions (attempting to learn some things that aren't obvious from the Mahindra website, like what happened with the 00 and 20 series tractors before I found out here). He did reply back that he would look into it and get back to me, but he never did. That tells me he didn't know and never replying back just put the icing on the cake.

The dealer that quoted me the crazy high prices told me the 30 series is the replacement for the 20 series, which is obviously not correct. So another that apparently doesn't know his own product.

I sure as heck hope this doesn't reflect on the service that can be expected from Mahindra dealers.

I've learned far more here on the site than from any of the dealers.

In all fairness I also requested quotes from New Holland and Kubota dealers and got zero replies from them.

So far I haven't been impressed with any tractor dealer.

When I actually went and sat on a 5530 it was at a local dealer that doesn't have a website or listed e-mail address and the day I was there they were closed. The tractors are sitting out front, so I just helped myself and climbed on a few.

I'm still 6 months or so away from purchasing (have to get the truck paid off first) but starting my comparison shopping and hounding the heck out of everyone here :poke: to learn more :mrgreen: before committing $25,000-$30,000 for a piece of equipment.

I fully intend to take a day off work in the near future and just drive around and hit all the dealers to see how it goes.

PBinWA

I think when shopping for tractors you need to look at the dealers as much as you look at the tractors. My dealer has been great via email. I found him originally because he was the only guy with a Jinma on his lot and I wanted to look at them. He ended up up-selling me to a Mahindra 2615 and I haven't been sorry (other than the desire [not need] for more hp and features).

There's a couple other dealers around that have never returned my phone calls even after multiple attempts to reach them. Go figure - not a lot of "salesmanship" going on.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can see why MSRP is not such a good idea. It would favor some dealers over others. The dealers who have to pay shipping from the furthest points will have less of a margin than the ones who pay the lowest shipping. .....All this assumes shipping is included in the price on the lot ....I suppose they could break that out of the price and list it separate ...but it could get confusing. This also assumes all dealers pay the same price for the tractors; I suspect there are quantity discounts and varying prices (all guessing as I am not in the business at all. I just run a tractor forum :D)

Dealers who do not have someone working their email daily are missing the boat. This is a huge new potential for them, to ignore it or not take care of their customers is downright crazy.

Bindian

It's better for the dealer, but not the customer. How the heck are you going to do any price comparisons via the web?

I think the dealers want it this way so pricing can vary a lot and mainly so it forces you to physically go to a dealer. They figure they have a better chance of making a sale if they get you on the lot. Kinda like car salesmen do.

Another thing that annoys me as I discovered here in the last few weeks, the Mahindra dealers up this way that actually have a webpage, or even an e-mail address don't reply when you fill out the form requesting a price quote. I have e-mailed practically every dealer in Pa and even some in Ohio and out of all of that two, exactly two replied with price quotes (one of them gave me the price quotes I posted here in the Mahindra Prices post). There was one other that did reply, but he wanted to know where I lived. He said he is building his business on customer service and basically didn't want customers that are too far away. I replied that I am 2 hours drive away and if he was indeed focused on customer service I would rather drive 2 hours and support his business than deal with a local dead beat. He never replied back.

I replied back to the Mahindra dealer that gave me reasonable quotes with a few questions (attempting to learn some things that aren't obvious from the Mahindra website, like what happened with the 00 and 20 series tractors before I found out here). He did reply back that he would look into it and get back to me, but he never did. That tells me he didn't know and never replying back just put the icing on the cake.

The dealer that quoted me the crazy high prices told me the 30 series is the replacement for the 20 series, which is obviously not correct. So another that apparently doesn't know his own product.

I sure as heck hope this doesn't reflect on the service that can be expected from Mahindra dealers.

I've learned far more here on the site than from any of the dealers.

In all fairness I also requested quotes from New Holland and Kubota dealers and got zero replies from them.

So far I haven't been impressed with any tractor dealer.

When I actually went and sat on a 5530 it was at a local dealer that doesn't have a website or listed e-mail address and the day I was there they were closed. The tractors are sitting out front, so I just helped myself and climbed on a few.

I'm still 6 months or so away from purchasing (have to get the truck paid off first) but starting my comparison shopping and hounding the heck out of everyone here :poke: to learn more :mrgreen: before committing $25,000-$30,000 for a piece of equipment.

I fully intend to take a day off work in the near future and just drive around and hit all the dealers to see how it goes.
EDL,:wave:
I bought a Mahindra 6520 4WD with backhoe, a Stihl chainsaw, and a Hustler Zero Turn mower from the same salesman at the same dealer. If I was lucky and called at 8:01 in the morning, I could talk to him. Any other time during the day he was too busy to come to the phone. He never replied to emails either. These dealers really need an internet sales person. Sometimes I would hang up and drive over to my dealer to ask the question I had. They are the best in service all around, but the salesman was very busy. I know the whole staff by their first name and stop in on a regular basis to keep contact with them. The good Mahindra (and other color) dealers, you will find, are very busy. When you go to the dealers, talk to all the staff and not just the salesman for a better feel of their service. Look in on the mechanic and see what all he is working on. Drive the models you think you like to see how they "fit" you.
Good luck.
hugs, Brandi

EDL

Well, went to another dealer today. Had a really nice talk with the owner's father. The owner was, as it happens, over on the east side of PA at a Mahindra dealer meeting of some kind.

They are also Kubota and Massey-Ferguson dealers. A quick peek in the shop and I saw a fair amount of Massey's and Kubotas in various degrees of disassembly and such, obviously being worked on. Not a single Mahindra in the shop.

They didn't have a 7060 on hand, so we just talked. The guy gave me a price on the 6030 with loader and QA bucket of $25,500! That's the same price another dealer quoted me for the 5530. He didn't have the book on the 7060, so wasn't able to get a price on it.

All in all I liked the people I met there a and they are definitely not a small operation. The guy said they sell more Mahindras than anything.

The old guy seemed to know the history of Mahindra and a fair amount about the tractors, so that made me feel good. He even mentioned the smaller models that are made in China and said you can definitely tell. He doesn't like the idea of Chinese made models (me either for that matter).

So, the owner will back tomorrow and I'll get a price on the 7060 and go from there.

I wonder if the ML275 loader from the 6520 will fit on the 7060 since it looks like it's the same tractor, just a change in the engine. Don't understand why they put lower strength loader on the 7060.

Bindian

Well, went to another dealer today. Had a really nice talk with the owner's father. The owner was, as it happens, over on the east side of PA at a Mahindra dealer meeting of some kind.

They are also Kubota and Massey-Ferguson dealers. A quick peek in the shop and I saw a fair amount of Massey's and Kubotas in various degrees of disassembly and such, obviously being worked on. Not a single Mahindra in the shop.

They didn't have a 7060 on hand, so we just talked. The guy gave me a price on the 6030 with loader and QA bucket of $25,500! That's the same price another dealer quoted me for the 5530. He didn't have the book on the 7060, so wasn't able to get a price on it.

All in all I liked the people I met there a and they are definitely not a small operation. The guy said they sell more Mahindras than anything.

The old guy seemed to know the history of Mahindra and a fair amount about the tractors, so that made me feel good. He even mentioned the smaller models that are made in China and said you can definitely tell. He doesn't like the idea of Chinese made models (me either for that matter).

So, the owner will back tomorrow and I'll get a price on the 7060 and go from there.

I wonder if the ML275 loader from the 6520 will fit on the 7060 since it looks like it's the same tractor, just a change in the engine. Don't understand why they put lower strength loader on the 7060.

EDL,:tiphat:
I think the ML275/ML276 won't fit because the change in FEL mounts on the engine. The 6520 uses a 4 cylinder engine and the 7060 uses a 3 cylinder engine. Glad to hear you had a good experience with the dealer's Dad. That has to be a good sign.:letitsnow:
hugs, Brandi

EDL

Weellll...darn. That means only way to get more umph on the loader is a whole different brand loader (maybe), or put on larger diameter hydraulic cylinders.

So the loader actually has an attachment point on the engine??

Bindian

Weellll...darn. That means only way to get more umph on the loader is a whole different brand loader (maybe), or put on larger diameter hydraulic cylinders.

So the loader actually has an attachment point on the engine??

Yep. My ML275 has 7 bolts per side holding the loader subframe brace to the front sides of the engine.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 8-4-10 ML275 front mount.jpg
    8-4-10 ML275 front mount.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 37