What did you do today with your RTV?

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Used our 900 xt today to take grain to the bulls and heifers. The xt is used everyday for this chore by my wife. She allows me to do this on the weekend. While in the pasture, I checked the voltage on the electric fence finding "zero" indicated volts. So I used the XT to haul me around the fence to locate the short. No short was found. Turned out that the ground wire was disconnected from the energizer. I guess a cat caused this to happen.

I also used the XT to pull some cedar post out of the ground. I'd seem a method of old where a chain is attached to the base of the post, a plank is leaned against the post and the chain is placed over the top of the plank. The base of the plank is placed about 1.5 feet away from the post in the sirection of the pull. Ole timers attached a mule or horse to the chain and promptly pulled the post out the ground. I used an old cedar post as the plank after cutting it to about 3 feet in length. I don't have a mule and the girls horses are not trained to pull, but believe me the RTV 900 will pull and yanked the post out without any problem. This method may just replace the front end loader method in the future.

Love the RTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldhat

Site Supporter
I halled 3 loads of big flat rock to build a wall at the end of a 3 foot drain tube that goes from one pasture to another. That should keep it from washing out. That is if we get some rain this spring. We are very dry.

razerface

grandson and I together, messin round.

Took apples to the horses next door.

Set and played the radio for a while while we watched "bob" our dog, play in the snow.

Drove around thru the woods(grandson likes that)

Played in the deep snow by the pond(another grandson favorite)

Took about a 20 minute nap with the heater on (both of us favorite)

Woke up and drove around in the fields with the strobe lights on watching it bounce off the neighbors house, barn and the white snow, while making "tracks" in the smooth snow.

Mark.Sibole

PLowed out the wood pile so my Friend could grab some extra as he was running very low.Looks like tomorrow may be plowing 6 to 10 inches of snow as a big storm heading my way.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Coming here next. Guess mine will sit in the barn a while longer. Glad I left the chains on the truck.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Well. Hummm ... it was all work and no play here lately... cows are real troublemakers!!! That is all I can say without speaking French....Thank goodness for the RTV though -it made it tolerable. Without it, today would qualify as a @3>)###@. Bahhh on escaped cows,broken waterlines , big trees on the fence, shorted out fences , mineral troughs that about came apart today as I moved them with the RTV, ridiculous phone charges for the house in Ark and some other stuff. I am grateful for this nice weather day though and good friends here. I am also grateful for the way it feels when the wind blows through my hair as I ride the RTV chasing those runaway cows that got out today.. All is not lost after all ... we have hope. . Thank you Lord. bordercollie

ropntoz

A nice day here in Montana to do a little work with the RTV...

picture.php
[/IMG]

sheep farmer

SUPER Site Supporter
hi all
sheep farmer from Australia here are some pics rtv-900 2008
here some extras put on it
trax roof
trax glass windscreen
trax roller doors
trax back cab cover
new whie 4wd shaft
1400 hrs

Attachments

• P1120531.jpg
    P1120531.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 209
  • P1120532.jpg
    P1120532.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 208

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice SF. That Trax stuff does a good job of wrapping the RTV and keeping out the rain or wind. Does it come all the way together at the doors?

I put a poor mans windshield on mine but the winter wind whips in from the side openings so that I don't use the RTV much till it warms up.

sheep farmer

SUPER Site Supporter
yeah thay are good suff!!
they only affer market things for rtv in Australia
trax equipment is new made in nz not Australia
I put spme pics of the roller doors on soon
there web site trax Equipment.co.nz

razerface

cut,split and hauled 1 cord of wood. Set up targets behind the house and blew up cans of gas with 5.56 and tannerite. Good day!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good, and it gets the job done. :thumb: Thanks for the pics. :tiphat:

ropntoz

If you're asking about the rtv, I just put another set of side rails on top of the box with square tubing in the stake pockets. If youre asking about the trailer, thats a drag I use like a harrow in the horse pasture.

bobcatnstl

Well it was a nice day so we did some work we had been putting off.

First moved some scaffolding back to the shop.
28998_611451165538018_800329873_n.jpg

Then moved 10 tons of sand to another building to start the masonry work in the spring
71464_611451135538021_265402987_n.jpg

had absolutely no problem hauling the wet sand, moved the 10 tones in 12 trips. I keep being amazed by this machine and the power it has, I thought it have a problem lifting the bed to dump but it lifted it like a champ :bb:

562991_611451115538023_953352622_n.jpg