Just Purchased JD2010

jd2010

Just purchase our first tractor JD 2010 and it needs some work. This is our first tractor. Any suggestions where I can find parts online would be great. I need a new Rockshaft Cable and John Deere wants $400. Thanks jd2010

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on your new (to you) tractor and welcome to the forum!

I'd start by doing a google search. That tractor was made about 40 years ago so you're going to be looking for places that either have NOS (new old stock - basically a new/not-used item for an older piece of equipment) or are parting out/salvaging a tractor. I'm guessing you could probably find one for under $100.

You may also need to have your serial number handy. It's not unusual to see something related to a part in that age tractor that may say something like "fits JD 2010 models with S/N nnnnnn and higher (or lower)". They're always "tweaking" the tractors so if they find a bug in an item, they'll switch it out on the newer models.

Your S/N will be found on the right hand side of the engine block.

jd2010

jd2010 Rockshaft Cable

Thanks Doc.

Both are sold out right now. I'm on the waiting list at Wenger. I will save the other website for furture use.

jd2010

Thanks for all the help. Been on Google and have been able to find all my parts.
Got my Temp Gauge in. Can anyone tell my where it hooks into the engine. None of the Manuals are any help. All the pacakge says is it fits in the engine block, head or radiator. Thanks

jd2010

Thanks for all the help. Been on Google and have been able to find all my parts.
Got my Temp Gauge in. Can you tell my where it hooks into the engine. None of the Manuals are any help. All the pacakge says is it fits in the engine block, head or radiator. Thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Rather vague instructions huh. Sorry I don't know off hand but I'll see if I can find help somewhere.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry, I did not find anything of value to help you out. Hoping one of our John Deere experts pops in here and answers your question.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can you provide a link or something that shows what gauge you got? Did it come with a sending unit/lead?