Yanmar Tiller

J

jeepfreak4x4

Hey all -
I am looking for a 36" to 42" tiller to drag behind by YM155D. I seem to always be a day late finding one in my area! I have seen post of people finding them for as low as $400 and a new one is pushing $1500...:puke1:
I have been told to be willing to spend between $100 to $175 per foot of cut width.
I have no loyalty to Yanmar when it comes to the tiller, I just want one that is in good shape, and ready to work.
If anyone is in the Charlotte NC area and interested in letting theirs go, I am entertaining any reasonable price. Charlotte area is within 2hrs.

If anyone knows of online resource or auctions to find used units, I am all ears as well.

Thanks in Advance to Everyone's Help

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I am a little too away, but I have one I don't use anymore. It's 4' and has been sitting out back for 3 years. I'm in Central Ohio which would be about 16 hours round trip.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been looking for a used one also. if you aren't interested in OhioTCs 4 footer ......I might be. :D

J

jeepfreak4x4

Ohio - I happen to be working in Columbus all month long -
Where are you located - How can I contact you?

What do you have, what do you want for it?
I could always drive my jeep back up the week of the 18th w/ my trailer. Nothing is too impossible.

Let me know

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Doc, I kinda offered it to jeepfreak first. Isn't 4' too small for the Kubota?

Anyway I'll PM him the details and let you know.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, I kinda offered it to jeepfreak first. Isn't 4' too small for the Kubota?

Anyway I'll PM him the details and let you know.
Understood Jerry. I saw that and agree he has first shot ....and since he is working in Cols, that makes the distance a non issue.
I was thinking 4' would be a bit small for me and was hoping your's was an offset tiller ....still might be to small for my tractor.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, I have a 5' for my L3400 and it is just right to cover the rear tire footprint.

Jim

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nope no offset to it that I know of.
The offset ones I saw look different. The PTO shaft does not hook into the middle, it's offset to one side or the other. It lets a bigger tractor get by with a smaller than normal tiller so you can still cover one of your tracks.