Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
You fellas take care. Good buddies are few and far between these days. Muleman , will also be thinking of you tomorrow , God be with you. collie

Mark.Sibole

seems like all of us oplder folks are just falling apart any more.Best wishes to all of you on a speedy recovery,Including myself

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
As I walk by the entrance of the VA hospital and through the blue haze from the worst addiction that one can try to shake, I try to remember is it the rheumatologist, pain clinic, urology, pulmonary, cardiac, dental, PTSD shrink, blood & urine lab, sleep clinic, or just the optician to get my glasses adjusted.

My brothers and I as we wait to be seen, easily share our thoughts, concerns, and observations of life's challenges. Seldom, in fact NEVER is mentioned the moments that brought us so close to paying that ultimate sacrifice for the country that we love nor our brothers that are there with us in memory only.

Instead, we reach out to one another while sharing our souls and giving to each, that spirit, that strength which only comes to those that are capable of giving ALL to others.

Yes, it's great to be on the green side of the grass each morning; but for me, "BROTHERHOOD" shared with others, no matter how short the time, makes troubles fade and pain disappear. God bless this country and OUR brotherhood........Dennis

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I go back to the cancer doc tomorrow. He did not like my cell counts a month ago and was talking about doing another bone marrow draw. That will be the 4th time they drilled my butt! Grab the handles and hang on.

God Bless You my friend !!!
You are, as always in my prayers !!!

And to all, you also, are on the prayers going to the almighty GOD !!!

............. GOD IS GOOD !!!
GOD HAS BLESS ALL !!!!

.................. two guns

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
As I walk by the entrance of the VA hospital and through the blue haze from the worst addiction that one can try to shake, I try to remember is it the rheumatologist, pain clinic, urology, pulmonary, cardiac, dental, PTSD shrink, blood & urine lab, sleep clinic, or just the optician to get my glasses adjusted.

My brothers and I as we wait to be seen, easily share our thoughts, concerns, and observations of life's challenges. Seldom, in fact NEVER is mentioned the moments that brought us so close to paying that ultimate sacrifice for the country that we love nor our brothers that are there with us in memory only.

Instead, we reach out to one another while sharing our souls and giving to each, that spirit, that strength which only comes to those that are capable of giving ALL to others.

Yes, it's great to be on the green side of the grass each morning; but for me, "BROTHERHOOD" shared with others, no matter how short the time, makes troubles fade and pain disappear. God bless this country and OUR brotherhood........Dennis

............... Dennis, I truely understand !!!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
............... Dennis, I truely understand !!!
I'll 2nd that. :thumb:

Question:
I had to move my RTV from the garage so that it was not in the way for the guys who were installing new carpet. So, does this count for seat time? :confused:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll 2nd that. :thumb:

Question:
I had to move my RTV from the garage so that it was not in the way for the guys who were installing new carpet. So, does this count for seat time? :confused:
Yes.
Now, the question is why are you installing new carpet in the garage?

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
My honey came in 5th out of 23 entries and we won a new capping knife. Not bad for our first entry and all new bees after a bad winter. Sure is crazy warm today after having temps in the 20's over the weekend. Woke up to 62 this morning and should get to 75-80 today and the next few days are to be in the low 70's. Big rain coming with these southern temps should hit here Wednesday.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Bill!

Yep, I have the windows open. Heavy frost 2 days ago and near 80° today. Welcome to the Fall season.

Mark.Sibole

Im going to pick up a compound bow that was my uncles before he passed away.It is a right handed bow with a dozen arrows hard case and all the fixings for hunting.If anyone is interested let me know ill give members here first chance.Ill get all info in a day or so when im able to move about.All together its worth 300 plus.My aunt would like to get 100 out of it all.Thanks for looking.

Mark.Sibole

The week from hell.
Broke Glasses 600.00
compressor blew up 300.00
lost front hub bearings in truck 100.00
Door hing spring on truck broke 8.00
1 burnt out bulb on the Bota 15.00
Seems like I take 1 step foreward then 4 steps back.
I pray things settle down as i cant afford for anything else to go wrong lol
Have a wonderful week.
Im waiting on parts now to fix the truck and for new glasses to come in so i cansee what im breaking next.

TRIBUTE100

The last time I went to the eye doctor for an exam, I checked with their in house optician and they wanted about $600 for new glasses. I took my prescription to WalMart and got them for about $300 and have been very satisfied. I wear progressive lenses (no line bifocals) and have always got eye strain from my computer screen (23"). Went back to WalMart and got computer glasses,which give you sharp vision to about 21 inches, and paid $100 for frames and lens. This pair stays next to my computer, but I sometimes I use them went working on mechanical things, like my 'Bota'.

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
I broke my glasses a few weeks back. Went to Sams club and got new ones with an eye exam for $117. They are safety glasses with wire frames and a one piece nose piece. I hear you on the price of parts. Just dropped $153 for replacement plugs for my snowplow from the western dealer. Have to make all the splices but they are color coded to match the 17 year old original ones. Need to get on it since winter is on the way.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The week from hell.
Broke Glasses 600.00
compressor blew up 300.00
lost front hub bearings in truck 100.00
Door hing spring on truck broke 8.00
1 burnt out bulb on the Bota 15.00
Seems like I take 1 step foreward then 4 steps back.
I pray things settle down as i cant afford for anything else to go wrong lol
Have a wonderful week.
Im waiting on parts now to fix the truck and for new glasses to come in so i cansee what im breaking next.
Dang Mark. That's a tough week and it's only Tuesday morning!?!?!?

Yep, glasses are expensive. The pair I just got was $800. I do have reading glasses I wear at the computer.

bakerg

Just got new glasses from Lens Crafters here in Canada, got the cheapest pair I could by and it still was $492. Luckily they had a 30% off sale and I got a coupon fron the internet for another $25 off and work covered $300, so I did not have to pay out of my pocket. But the prices are a total rip off.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I can see far off but not close up. I buy the cheap magnifiers at wally world or dollar store where everything is one dollar, for working on stuff. The plastic ones last about a week before I break an arm off but for a dollar what can I expect.. I think I like the metal frames more because I loose them before I break them and they are 3 pr for $8 at ww. Just buying time with 'em.

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
So talking about not seeing close up.... I was working on a falling down barbed wire fence most of the afternoon and wasn't wearing my glasses...Well I put my leg against the bw to make it tight on a tree , got a nice long staple and gave it several wacks with my hammer. I also wacked my finger real good and to make it worse, it wasn't even the fingers holding the staple... Not all, I mashed my finger on an old rusty barb . Hurt like heck and when I saw the blood coming out of the glove where the barb made a hole in the leather.. it hurt even worse. I'm getting more glasses.. All fine now.:bangin: collie

Status
Not open for further replies.