New RTV-X1100C

ItBmine

Hello all. New to this forum. Glad I found it.

I'm getting ready to buy a new RTV1100. I always had Polaris ATV's and my 2004 and 2009's were bulletproof. So I just bought a new Sportsman 570 power steering. It has been a nightmare. bad build quality and lots off issues with it and the dealer. Final straw was having to pay a $56 deductible to use the warranty on it at 25 hours old. I contacted Polaris directly and was pretty much told "sorry about your luck."

Anyway, decided I can use a workhorse more than atv's to accompany my B2620 tractor. I test drove a new RTV and climbed some pretty steep hills after hearing some say they were gutless. It did everything I need it to do no problem at all.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide between the Kubota and a Boss vee plow.
Can anyone give me opinions between these two? Thanks.

I have a Boss V-plow attached to my 2016 X1100c, and it is a powerful combination for my application that involves plowing in the Colorado Rockies at 8600'. (I also have a turbocharger that helps offset the lower air pressure at altitude.) We get snows up to 2' or so before I get around to plowing, but the snows are mostly "dry." I use the "pointed-V" for the first pass with heavy snows to open a path, and then switch over to the straight plow after that to push the snow toward the down-wind side of the roads, as we get high winds in the area. I use the scoop-V to pile up snow in a few places where needed. The plow is wide enough to clear a good path for the vehicle. Adjustments from inside the heated cab are easily performed. The constant shifting required for plowing in tight areas can be a pain in the a** on my new vehicle. (Shifting seems to be getting slightly better with more use of the vehicle.) I plow about 1/4-mile on my property, and about one or more miles of roads leading to my property and then onto a neighbor's property.

Traction is excellent with the Sedona Rip-Saw tires that were supplied with the RTV, although I think that those tires are not rated for the vehicle weight. I put 240 pounds of sand in the back of the bed, and usually use 4-wheel drive and low-range on the transmission. There are a couple of significant hills that I have to plow on two sides, and it is slower plowing uphill in heavy snows. In heavy snows, keeping the vehicle going in a straight line requires significant effort.

The Boss V-plow is pretty easy to get off and on the vehicle, although one time I only got it hitched on one side, and when it came loose, it was difficult to get it back on. The plow needs to be supported at the correct angle to get it installed, but then it goes on easily. It is a heavy plow, so it cannot be manually tilted.

ItBmine

Hello. Seen many of your pics Colorado High. We got just over 13 feet of snowfall here last winter. And it all came in a 4 to 5 week period.

I was curious because I had heard some people say the Boss was a better built plow and easier to install and remove compared to the Kubota plow? But I don't know much about either one.

I have a loader and blower on my tractor, but it has no cab because I use it in the bush all summer and I don't want a cab on it. So the RTV will be nice for plowing on those days when it is windy and minus 40*C.

Where are you located that you are getting 13' of snow?? The heated cab is nice for snow plowing. I have no experience with the Kubota plow, so I cannot compare it with the Boss plow. However, some of the snow plow forums do have comparisons between the two, and I concluded from those discussions that the Boss plow would work well for my application.

ItBmine

Northern Ontario. I'm in a snow belt on Lake Superior.
Environment Canada said last winter totaled just over 13 feet of snowfall. Obviously it all didn't build that high, but we got 5 weeks of continuous snow. Highways were closed often.
I was really loving the blower on my Kubota tractor, LOL.