NEW LS TRACTORS

Kanook

A local dealer has started to sell LS. His prices are certainly attractive. I would be interested in hearing any feedback from owners ...good or bad.

narmac

The tractor probably has no hydraulic cooler/s to drop the oil temp when working hard. That oil gets very hot when working. My understanding is if the tractor has no Hyd oil cooler/s you can expect to wear gloves to disconnect your pto couplings! Working in summer heat pushing the tractor hard equates to very hot oil!! No ifs or buts about it.

Frank70

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE OWNS OR KNOWS ANYONE THAT HAS BROUGHT ONE OF THE NEW LS TRACTORS WHAT THEY THINK OF THEM
I purchased a new LS MT357 with hydrostatic transmission last year and I love it. It replaced an older MF 240 that had no loader, was 2WD, no remotes, and about the only thing I could do with it was plow and disc a garden or pull a log with a chain. The new LS has a lot of very nice features that I was not accustomed to with the MF 240. I looked at most of the other compact tractors and found that you get a lot of bang for the buck with LS, especially when compared to the other popular brands. It came with three remotes on the back and I added a third function valve on the front so that I would be able to use a grapple. It is much easier to change implements on the LS that the MF 240. The FEL is very stout for a tractor that size. I just put 50 hours on it and it is time to do the first service. I have had absolutely no problems with it thus far and I wish that I could spend a lot more time on it.