Coolant Leak-Rtv 1100

reds

Hello all,
I am new to this site and enjoy reading everyone's discussions and helpful hints. I have noticed some discussions on coolant leaks but they are mostly on 900 series. I bought a used 2011, 1100 in August with 65 hours on it. The reservoir tank was low at the time but I checked the engine oil and it was not milky so I figured that there was a leak somewhere. I found two leaks on the heater hose, one off the pump and one at the core entrance. I tightened the clamps and the leaks stopped. However, I am still losing a small amount, (6-8 ounces) of antifreeze over time, about 15 run hours. I have checked the machine over and over and can't see any more leaks. The oil is still clear, no noticeable leaks under the machine, no steam out the exhaust, no smell of antifreeze in the cab with the heater running.
I am stumped. Any helpful ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Reds
2011, RTV 1100, 85 hours.

Mark.Sibole

coolant leaks can be a bear to find.Check all hoses at the ends as ive seen some of them leading through the threads.You may not see any drips but check for moist looking ends on the hoses.You may also want to try to pressure test the system and see if it holds pressure.Good luck on finding the leak .

htr4

coolant leaks can be a bear to find.Check all hoses at the ends as ive seen some of them leading through the threads.You may not see any drips but check for moist looking ends on the hoses.You may also want to try to pressure test the system and see if it holds pressure.Good luck on finding the leak .

X2! I hate cooling system leaks. When you check the ends of the hoses, I like to spray the end of them off with brake parts cleaner. It leaves the hoses dry at the end. Then run it for a couple of hours and check the hose ends again. If any of them have anything but a dry end...you have your answer.