About the Kubota RTV900 ROPS

rjglenn

kubota.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

In case anyone questions the functionality of the ROPS on the RTV900. I hobbled away...

The ROPS kept the unit from turning completely over on me and the back screen kept that 100 lb. pink tool box from coming in the cab with me.

Chasing a cow, sharp right turn and hit a dip. Broke my fibula just above the ankle. Today we righted the machine, took out the glow plugs to blow out any fluid in the cylinders, topped off the engine and hydraulic oil and cranked it up. No apparent damage. Y'all be careful out there.

Cajunrotor

Site Supporter
Wow! Good to know that thing will really work if we need it. Seat belt on, or no? Hope you mend quickly.

rjglenn

Sadly, no. And here I go, trying to justify bad behavior... I saw a cow out in a field where she wasn't supposed to be so I jumped on the machine to get after her. Didn't even think about the seatbelt. Could have been much worse...

Cajunrotor

Site Supporter
Yep, I gotta get in the habit of wearing mine. My use is primarily running around the hunting property and I haven't been strapping in either. Too easy to jump in/out to open/close gates, etc. While the majority of the place is flat, we do have some steep gullies and creek bottoms that it would be pretty easy to roll off into. Hate to think what that would be like without a full 6-point harness!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Oh Man ! Cows can sure cause havoc.. I'm glad you came out alive and not under the machine... We had another member seriously hurt a while back... be safe out there ! collie

htr4

Holy smokes!! Glad you're ok, considering the circumstances! Very rarely do I belt up, but that really makes you think! Take care of yourself!

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Wow..... Glad you didn't incur any more damage than you did. Your mishap is a wake up call to all of us here on the RTV Forum. Thank you for sharing.
Keifer

rjglenn

Its embarrassing but that's why I wanted to share... Please wear the seatbelts. Oh yeah, one more thing, it will run on it's side like that. I had to reach up from underneath, well the side in this configuration, and manually activate the shut off. The key wouldn't shut it off because the primary wire had come loose from the battery.

rjglenn

The very same machine that got me into this mess will likely be what keeps me sane. I ended up with a crushed ankle requiring surgical reconstruction and I'm "non-weight bearing" for 8-10 weeks. At least I can crawl onto my Kubota and ride around and look at all the work that's not getting done instead of sitting in the house and just thinking about it...

RealtreeRTV

Wow! It's great that you weren't hurt any worse.

I only wear my seat belt when I'm running down the edge of a county road, only because of possibly encountering a cop.
Your accident definitely will make me likely to wear it more.

OrangeBuggy

The very same machine that got me into this mess will likely be what keeps me sane. I ended up with a crushed ankle requiring surgical reconstruction and I'm "non-weight bearing" for 8-10 weeks. At least I can crawl onto my Kubota and ride around and look at all the work that's not getting done instead of sitting in the house and just thinking about it...

Start taking notes now so you don't forget any of that work that well need to be done once you are on the mend. :thumb: The best to you on your healing.

cpsseals

Heal fast and well. Last time I saw a vehicle like that Fred had just ordered the largest rack of bronto ribs at the drive in

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 54