BX2230 and Bushhogging

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I will be selling my Ford 9N and bush hog and want to get a four foot bush hog for the Kubota.

My question is....is there anything under the BX2230 that could be damaged if a log, stick or something jammed up in there?

With the 9N, if you can run over it the bush hog can cut it up. But I am not so sure with the BX2230.

Any help is appreciated.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I would guess there is 'stuff' underneath that could get damaged but, tractors are made to brush hog. With care I doubt you'd have any issues. When in doubt, or when I face some big bunches of multiflora I raise the brush hog and back into it, then lower the brush hog. Has worked well for me and my Kubota 3010.
I used to brush hog with an old 8n, I much prefer the advantages of the 50 year newer Kubota.

1kubota

Hi , I purchased a ( Under Armor Kubota BX Series ) from bxpanded. $159.00 It protects the under side of tractor including trans oil filter. I only use my 2230 for work other than mowing.

Larry NW Indiana

Under Armor Kubota BX Series

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Thanks for the response. This is outstanding!

It looks to be just what I need. I hate to ask this next question but will I still be able to use the mid-mower without having to remove this shield?

Thanks

1kubota

The downside of the shield is you can't mount the mower without removing the shield. Up side is the shield is fairly easy to install and remove.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
OK I found this on youtube and your are right. You just have to drop the midmount hydraulics and the shield can be slipped off without a tool

Will place an order shortly - thanks very much.