Dust in the cab

Walnut1

I was discouraged by the amount of dust getting in the cab on my new 1100c, i discovered if I keep it set on “outside air” I can minimize the problem. I am using it to spray in my orchards and want to run the a/c on recirculate. I noticed the two removable for access, one on each side, ducts with plastic “flappers” low on the side of the seat that don’t seem to seal flat that are directly open to the underside of the machine. Why they didn’t put some kind of a filter or foam there is beyond me. I’m going to duct tape them shut from the back side. Probably seal it too well and make my ears pop!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I bet that will help a lot with the dust. I wonder what the access is for? Something to do with cabin pressure relief when shutting a door or else access to something? ( I'm not familiar with that model.)

Walnut1

The driver’s side gives access to some adjustable control arms, passenger side opens to side of hydraulic oil reservoir. They must have made them vents instead of “doors” for pressure relief. A filter of some kind should have been used. Love the machine otherwise. It is louder than I thought it would be. Anyone on here add sound proofing to one? I use a set of Bluetooth headphones and enjoy the a/c.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you for the explanation Walnut . I had an open air 900 and used headphones all the time- Soundproofing would be a good thing to add so conversations in the cab could be had at a regular level. collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i had to adjust the strikers on my X1100c when i first got it. the flappers on mine seal up pretty good,sometimes the doors are hard to shut because of the back pressure. mine is pretty quiet in the cab. "i think"

RickW

I agree about it could be a door adjustment. My doors are difficult to close with the windows up because of pressure. Have to slam the door or crack the window a bit to close the door smoothly/effortlessly.