Title vs thread drift

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One thing I've noticed with forums that you can count on is:
No matter whether or not you are interested in the subject of the thread, you never know what you'll find inside. Subject drift is a fact of life. We do it in conversations and on forums. No problem.

But as a hint to folks new to forums I just wanted to point out that just because the title of a thread sounds like something you could care less about, inside you might find a golden nugget, or a good belly laugh. You just never know....and I have to admit, I kinda like it that way. :D

JDA 3020

The Packers are 12-2.

I got to hand it to them, they were supposed to be a poor team with no ground game or much for receivers. So much for the naysayers.

How's that for thread drift?:mrgreen:

PBinWA

The Packers are 12-2.

I got to hand it to them, they were supposed to be a poor team with no ground game or much for receivers. So much for the naysayers.

How's that for thread drift?:mrgreen:

I might have to take those rep points away now! :whistle:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
... and time is why everything doesn't happen all at once.

Ok that one probably belongs over on ForumsForums. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

A few years back, it seemed everyone on every site was bound and determined to keep every thread "om topic" and no wandering. I LOVE to read threads that stray off topic. You never know what you'll learn that way. :thumb:

And speaking of pets, who owns a dog?:mrgreen:

JDA 3020

Got 2 dogs,1 barn cat and a pet rabbit. Cat's name is Isabella. When I first became of age to legally have a beer, the lady that owned the bar was named Isabella. Ornery ole gal seen a few too many "last call for alchohol" or "closings of the bar at 2 a.m."

rback33

A few years back, it seemed everyone on every site was bound and determined to keep every thread "om topic" and no wandering. I LOVE to read threads that stray off topic. You never know what you'll learn that way. :thumb:

I have 5 dogs, 2 horses, a small army of barn cats, but heck that is all in my profile. What I want to know is if you had a plane on a conveyor....:yankchain:

Ok we are talking dogs now. I only have one. She is a 2 year old Great Dane.

Oh yea and a few llamas and some goats too.

Attachments

• Abby.jpg
    Abby.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 350
  • HolyMolycloseup.jpg
    HolyMolycloseup.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 329
  • Navar.jpg
    Navar.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 350

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We have a Great Dane also. Here's a pic of our Bailey Blue:

Edit to add:
The Pic. :yum: :pat: :hide:

Attachments

• Bailey_DSCF0032r.JPG
    Bailey_DSCF0032r.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 351

Mith

Llamas have got to be one of the coolest animals, only falling behind Alpakas, which as far as I can tell (from a distance) appear to be very similar to Llamas but with more outrageous hair styles! :D
But having Llamas does come with the advantage you can call yourself a Llama farma'! :D

Llamas have got to be one of the coolest animals, only falling behind Alpakas, which as far as I can tell (from a distance) appear to be very similar to Llamas but with more outrageous hair styles! :D
But having Llamas does come with the advantage you can call yourself a Llama farma'! :D

Mith,
Llamas are really cool. The one in the picture is one we rescued several years ago. Most llama people don't like him because he is too friendly.I can go down to the field and call his name and he will come running. The other really cool thing this one does, is that he has a liking to beer. I was working in the barn one day and I had a beer. I put it down on the sill to do somethin. When I turned aroud my beer was gone. I looked and saw this lush with the bottle in his mouth with his head thrown back. He really is a character. We have him and three others.

As far as alpacas go, I wouldn't own one. They have never really been domesticated and most have atttitudes. They tend to be standoffish and unruly. In their native countries they are treated much like sheep in Australia or New Zealand. They roam free for the better part of the year and are rounded up for shearing then let loose again. Unlike the llama that has been domesticated for thousands of years.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's better. She is a nice looking girl. We wanted a blue but the prices were just way too much.

Thanks. She's sure special to us. She's one of the family. When she was a pup her fur was like velvet. I've never seen anything like it. Danes have a special personality that I've not seen in any other breeds.

What do you feed your girl?

Thanks. She's sure special to us. She's one of the family. When she was a pup her fur was like velvet. I've never seen anything like it. Danes have a special personality that I've not seen in any other breeds.

What do you feed your girl?

Yea they do have special personalities. The thing is they don't think that they are dogs, I believe they think they arre human too.

Abby has been getting Purina since she was a puppy.

Here is the picture I first saw of her. I bought her on this picture alone.

Attachments

• puppy409.jpg
    puppy409.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 334

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yea they do have special personalities. The thing is they don't think that they are dogs, I believe they think they arre human too.

Abby has been getting Purina since she was a puppy.

Here is the picture I first saw of her. I bought her on this picture alone.

Ahhhh, great picture!!!!!!! I can see why you got her. We to were hooked once we saw the picture of Bailey. I'll run into that pic one day and share it. That was two computers ago so I have it on a cd somewhere. :hide:

Ahhhh, great picture!!!!!!! I can see why you got her. We to were hooked once we saw the picture of Bailey. I'll run into that pic one day and share it. That was two computers ago so I have it on a cd somewhere. :hide:

Yea I know that feeling. My laptop died last year. It was a good thing that it gave me a hint it was getting ready to die. I backed up all my stuff that weekend, and on Monday it died. I have been a firm believer in backing up my stuff at least on a regular basis. :thumb:

That reminds me I currently have 20gb of pics and stuff that needs to be backed up. I guess I know what I will be doing next week when I am on vacation. :bash:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yea I know that feeling. My laptop died last year. It was a good thing that it gave me a hint it was getting ready to die. I backed up all my stuff that weekend, and on Monday it died. I have been a firm believer in backing up my stuff at least on a regular basis. :thumb:

That reminds me I currently have 20gb of pics and stuff that needs to be backed up. I guess I know what I will be doing next week when I am on vacation. :bash:

It's a good time of year to get yourself a present. I recommend one of those 120 gig USB external hard drives. Sure does make the chore of backing up your data easy to accomplish.
Member Jim Slagle gave me a pointer to one a sale a year or so ago and I haven't looked back. Awesome way to 'get er done'.

I'm embarrassed to say I have not gotten all my pics moved to the external hard drive. That sure would make retrieval easier. Yeah, that's a to do item for me over the holidays. :D