Setting the fuel pump timing

twoforty

Does anyone have or know where I can find the procedure? I've got good compression, a rebuilt fuel pump, and I'm getting squirts when I turn it over. The possible culprits have to be either the injector(s) are clogged or timing is off or both? Is there a way to know for certain that the timing is set correctly? Thank you in advance! For a tractor that is suppose to be easy to work on, it just ain't so easy. Could :hammer: be the answer?

urednecku

Yep, there's a way, & I don't think it's too hard. Nope, I don't have a clue how to do it.
And after you spent good $$$$ rebuilding the pump, I don't think :hammer: would be your best answer!
Have you looked on-line for a repair manual? Some companies will access to that kind of stuff online,& sometimes you can find that kinda thing on you-tube.
Good luck!

winston

Did you try following my hap hazzard instructions in your earlier thread? Shouldn't be that difficult. Have you loacated the 22 degree mark on your crank pulley?

twoforty

First, I was thinking that :hammer: would be better and perhaps more productive than :14_6_12:

Yes, I've got the 22 degree mark and like I said, I've got the squirt, but nothing happening. If this is where it is suppose to be, then it must be the injector(s). Just was not certain if this was 100% accurate. Sorry for the doubt Winston!

Did you try following my hap hazzard instructions in your earlier thread? Shouldn't be that difficult. Have you loacated the 22 degree mark on your crank pulley?