Grapple?

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I have a BX2230 and am adding a LA211 loader and bucket.

I am also planning to add a grapple. I was all set on the land pride 48" unit (naturally) recommended by my Kubota dealer.

Then I read about the Wicked 48 grapple from Everything Attachments. I know it is more expensive but seems to be heavier duty and has teeth ground into the tines which would seem to limit rotation of whatever you have ahold of.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks

1kubota

I assume you are talking about land pride grapple vs the grapple from everything attachments. I don't know anything about grapples. But I do know about the bx2230 and the LA211 front loader. The loader does NOT have quick connect bucket from the loader arms. You have to remove the pins. Pain in the ass. I don't know how a grapple would mount without removing the bucket.
just my 2 cents
Larry 2004 bx2230

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I agree removing the bucket is a pain. Ai2 makes a quick attach adapter that makes it much easier. Once you install it, changing the bucket or grapple only takes a minute. It adds about 50lbs of weight to the loader arms but seems well worth it to me.

Have you been satisfied with the loader's capacity?

1kubota

I'm not really impressed with loaders lift capacity. But on the other hand it's done whatever I needed done. I bought a shim and hydraulic gauge kit from BXpanded, I shimmed to about 2000 pounds, I think stock is about 1800-1850 , didn't notice much difference. If I put bucket under something heavy one back wheel may come off the ground. I think the lifting capacity is with the loader, not the tractor. A Friend of mine has a Woods loader. He can wedge the bucket under something heavy and lift the whole backend of the tractor off the ground.

Plant175

I remember a video in which the Land Pride didn’t have grease zerks but the wicked did. By the looks the wicked seems better

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I need the loader to move gravel, soil, mulch and other plant materials. I've got some trails to level and many logs to drag out of the woods. Once I get the grapple, the log moving is much easier, I am told.

The land pride isn't bad but the Wicked is thicker steel with serrations for grip and cross members at the stress points. I wish it was the same price as the LP.

I was going to invest the money I am putting into the loader on a new tractor but I am knocking on retirement's door and don't want to start off in debt. Our tree seedling business is finally picking up but not enough yet. When it does, I am eyeballing some adjacent acreage.

Grateful for the advice and I hope we get several more years out of the BX2230. It is less than 500 hours and has been very well maintained.

1kubota

As I said in previous post, the la211 will do anything you need done. My BX2230 is a 2004 with 900 hrs, no problems yet.
Good luck with your business venture and happy retirement. It's GREAT

Larry aka 1kubota