RTV & Tires

WillC

26x11x12 Not rubbing strut?

purchase 2 STI Roctane XD radial 26 x 11 x 12

install on the front to determine if they rub

if they rub then move to the rear and purchase 26 x 9 x 12 for front

drum roll . . . they dont

pics or it didnt happen

with the larger tires on the front it kinda feels like an old skool raked out harley . . . not really

PS the other 2 tires are on order

Hey Bigugly, so you are saying that you were able to run 26x11x12 on stock rims with out rubbing on the strut? I have been thinking of ordering this size in the Kenda Bounty Hunter because of the load it can take. Are you still happy with the Roctane XDs?

bigugly

hello WillC

i can report that the tires to not rub at all on our 1100
full left turn, full right turn, forward, reverse 2x4 or 4x4
no lift on our unit

the tires are great and i can go anywhere im intrested to travel
our farm is 100+ ac with pastures, hills, rough country, creeks and rocks
we travel with impunity and have had a ibc tote full of water (2200 lbs) to take water to an injured cow and was not on the stops. additionally we live close to a WMA of over 23,000 ac and travel with impunity

love the 8 ply (stones and bush hog punji stakes)
love the traction
wearing like iron

do not like the fact that we cannot stop on a hill while in M and then resume the climb

seems like the size and weight of the 26" do not mesh well with the 'gearing'

i have just purchased 25 x 10 x 12 STI Roctane XD's for our kubota 1140

same motor in the 1100 as the 1140 so we will see which is best for our location

best regards
big ugly

WillC

bigugly:

Thanks a lot for getting back to me. After talking to you and to a tire vendor earlier today, I'm sold on the STI Roctane XDs. I"m going to go ahead and order them in the stock 25 x 10.00x 12.

I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Will

bigugly

installed the 25" roctane's on the 1140
i like the smaller size better for all around driving
i like the 26" for the clearance

anyone interested in a nearly new set of 26" Rroctane XD's im gonna pull em and put 25's on the unit

im in the metro ATL area and farm is in NW GA

here are some pics of the difference in the 25 vs 26

Attachments

• 20160917_111930.jpg
    20160917_111930.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 20160917_111940.jpg
    20160917_111940.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 341

WillC

I installed the 25" Roctane XDs. I haven't had a chance to test them in the field yet, as we are working on the cooling system in the RTV1100. But they look good on there.

I agree, I think the stock dimensions will work better.

Thanks again for the suggestions/ support. Great forum.

sunnyside

Tires for RTV X1100C

Took the advice above and called Robin at AllTerrain.com to get tires for my Kubota RTV-X1100C. Robin recommended either the STI Roctane XD’s or the ITP Mudlite Radials for the snow and mud conditions here in hilly central Pennsylvania. Decided to go with four STI Roctane XDs and finally got them on the machine today. Gave them a good test in 4 inches of snow with heavy ice crust on top. All I can say is AWESOME --- compared to the RTV Work Site tires and RTV bar type tires I have.

Thanks to Robin and all those on this forum for great info/advice. :thankyou2:

Carpy

I'm in rough terrain most of the time. I have 27"s. I'd prefer taller it they would fit. :)
Ovrszd. This is my first post to the sight, so please bare with me. I recently purchased a new Kubota RTV X900 and im wondering what the biggest tire i can run with stock rims and lift? I see you are running 27's. Thanks in advance.

ovrszd

Ovrszd. This is my first post to the sight, so please bare with me. I recently purchased a new Kubota RTV X900 and im wondering what the biggest tire i can run with stock rims and lift? I see you are running 27's. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to NTT.

I'm running an inch of lift also.

I can't verify that mine would work without the lift.

I also can't predict your results depending on the brand of tire you choose. There is considerable actual measurement differences in tires depending on brand.

Hopefully someone will chime in with stock suspension height and larger tires.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Carpy I can't help you with your question, but I want to welcome you to NTT, the best RTV forum. :tiphat:

jimso

I have a RTV X900 and I am running Blackwater Evolution tires 27x11Rx12 with Delta steel wheels with 4+3 offset. No lift. There is no rubbing with this setup. Seem to be nice tires. But I have not had them very long. I wanted to mount them on different rims so I can change them back and fourth easy.

ovrszd

I have a RTV X900 and I am running Blackwater Evolution tires 27x11Rx12 with Delta steel wheels with 4+3 offset. No lift. There is no rubbing with this setup. Seem to be nice tires. But I have not had them very long. I wanted to mount them on different rims so I can change them back and fourth easy.

There ya go. Good Stuff. That should answer the question in regards to that brand tire at least. Thanks for posting.

Just wanted to get some final clarification before ordering new tires. My rtv should be mid sept. It will carry a 1k spraying skid in the bed. From what I have gathered, 27x11x12 all around should work right? I know some have changed wheels to get a different offset but is that mandatory? Planning on the itp blackwater. Can get new wheels if I have to but would rather run it with the rims it comes with. Dealer is giving me $100 per tire credit. I hope he knows the difference between tire and rim vs tire because I'm planning on showing up with just tires

Brett

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I have only used the 11 inchers in the rear, 9 inchers in front on my RTV 900, so I can't answer that . I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide though. Maybe Robin at All Terrain can answer that.

Someone on here, can't remember who, is running 27x11 blackwaters on factory rims.

Unless anyone else has any feedback, I guess I'll order these this week or next. Buggy is supposed to be here mid sept. If these don't work well, I'll just order some different wheels

Brett

I think they'll be fine.

Are ya getting anxious yet? :)

Yes. Very. Buggy is scheduled for around sept 15. Supppsed to get the zd1211 today but the hurricane is changing plans. Hopefully it'll be one day next week. If that gets pushed back (don't want to trailer it back home in the rain) than I'll just wait till the buggy gets here and get them both at once

Brett

Also getting the new 2" lift that they just started selling too. Going to be busy for a bit getting it like it like it with lights, lift, tires and skid