Kubota RTV-XG850

man00

Just bought one this past week and now looking for some mirrors or at least one.
I had a mule in the past but the wife likes the kubota. Are there anyplace to find some aftermarket items that will work with the XG850? Other than from Kubota

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
OH BOY!!! someone finally showed up with a sidekick. most on here have the diesels so you need to educate us. WELCOME.

before you are allowed any info you "MUST" post photo's or vids. not really- "wink"

man00

I had a mule 610 before and it was okay but wife really liked the sidekick. The ride is very smooth, handles quite well, plenty of power for our needs. We mainly going to use it for checking fence line, its about a mile drive to our pasture where we keep some horses. Other than that we will jump in and just take a ride down in the bottoms. But mirrors are a must for us. We also have a Kubota B2320 that we use to mow about 2 acres of the 25 that we own. The only other kubota item I have is a T1670 lawn tractor the wife drives that I drive the Badboy Outlaw. I hope the Sidekick is of the same quality as kubota tractors. ...I really enjoy it so far....Thanks for the links

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
does the CVT transmission take off from a stopped position with a little bump or is it silky smooth?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
one thing about posting pics online."sometimes you can see just how untidy" some people are. grin wink

man00

one thing about posting pics online."sometimes you can see just how untidy" some people are. grin wink
Believe it or not I sort of a clean freak but my pole barn is like the surface of the sun in the Oklahoma heat, but I'm sure happy I had it built. It's a 30x30 I may add some insulation and cool it later on...one of these days

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
You might consider this alternative to insulation. We got one of the Maxx fans from TSC when they were on-sale for 4th July. Otherwise it was $350. Still cheaper than insulation. Anyway, the first big fan we had was as loud as a C-130 engine at run up. You couldn't talk anywhere near or in the barn. But this Maxx fan (link below) moves tons of air and you can hardly hear it. Even on high setting. Our barn is 36x30 and it takes it from 90 on a super hot day to 80 in 30 minutes with the doors and windows open of course. Sometimes, we will pull cooler air in toward evening. I hope the Sidekick is working out for you. It looks great.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...elt-drive-polyethylene-barrel-fan-bf42bdpetsc

man00

You might consider this alternative to insulation. We got one of the Maxx fans from TSC when they were on-sale for 4th July. Otherwise it was $350. Still cheaper than insulation. Anyway, the first big fan we had was as loud as a C-130 engine at run up. You couldn't talk anywhere near or in the barn. But this Maxx fan (link below) moves tons of air and you can hardly hear it. Even on high setting. Our barn is 36x30 and it takes it from 90 on a super hot day to 80 in 30 minutes with the doors and windows open of course. Sometimes, we will pull cooler air in toward evening. I hope the Sidekick is working out for you. It looks great.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...elt-drive-polyethylene-barrel-fan-bf42bdpetsc

I think my fan is 30" but even with everything open when its 100+ outside its still very hot..I only go out in the evening or early morning

RickW

I think my fan is 30" but even with everything open when its 100+ outside its still very hot..I only go out in the evening or early morning

I agree especially if the heat index is climbing. All the fan does is make it feel as if somebody has turned on a big hair dryer. I have two 30" fans for my shop (48'x64') even have a mister on one but this time of year I only spend time in the shop if something has to get done and can't wait.

As for insulation it works both ways. The shop has 9" of insulation (R30) throughout. Once it is either hot/cold inside the shop it will hold in the heat/cold. You got get a jump on it. I will say the insulation was installed on a full sun day (90*) and with a laser temp gun the steel where the insulation was not yet installed was 10*~15* hotter then where the insulation was installed the previous day. I found that the high ceilings (22' at lowest, 34' at highest) makes the biggest difference.

man00

thinking about adding this on...I don't know yet if it would add too much stress
shouldn't about all I would put on it would be a 15 gallon sprayer

Attachments

• extender.jpg
    extender.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 46

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The only thing that I would wonder about is if you had any ditches where it would hang up when you crossed.