V4210 complete cabs only $1200

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just grabbed one of my new 1# propane tanks. They're a bit different than the old tanks which is what I based my notes on. My info in the previous post may need tweaked a bit...

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
For that propane tank/heater, if you haven't already found:
1. Midway up the tank is a rib (in the pic below, just at the bottom of the sticker). Take some electric tape and run it around the tank over that rib about 3 times.
2. Remove the rubber insert from your cup holder.
3. Slide the tank in the cup holder. It'll stop right at that taped over rib and stick in there nicely.

889a040b-6b05-4e85-accb-b4ab76a36d8f_400.jpg

BC

I assume that you are using something similar for heat. If so, how does it work?

Thanks for the heads up on the cylinder mount :thankyou2: If mine differ slightly, I think you've provided enough info to make it work.

Bob

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I assume that you are using something similar for heat. If so, how does it work?
I don't have a cab so I'd say not too well...:hide:

I only use it once in awhile, mainly when just sitting so I can warm my fingers or whatever.

They're really cheap to buy so I'd definitely give it a go in a cab for supplemental heat or to help with defrost.

It's similar to this one.

k2-_a979fac7-3a87-46d8-8146-36cc996c810c.v1.jpg

Wild Bill

Since we didn't get the snow yesterday that they told us we would I had the RTV back in the garage to do some more work.

I checked the stake pockets and they would definitely interfere with the back window and with the door latch. Looks like I will need to fab some custom offset jobby to protect the rear window

That and I broke out the grinder to cut off the front bed handles. Better to have them gone than to have them destroy the doors.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
BC, That is a great suggestion, the heater is really stable when placed like that. This heater really heats the cab (2500-6000 BTU's) in 22 deg weather. It will be interesting to see how it works when I'm pushing snow.

Bill, Your handles are different than the older ones. Mine are under the bed and flush with the outside.

100_1547_zps35468def.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bob

shinnery

My box arrived today, now if my back would let me work on it.....I will have to try to figure out how long that took, Just over a week and a half I think. About a 6x6 x2 box. Made in Mass., shipped around in Canaduh, now to Texas.
Bryce

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard............perhaps if one rolls up to the beginning of the topic, one will see a contact................try #6...........look in there, read it, and then copy and paste the web sight to go to..............

Surely not to be rude, but I truly don't think that the dealer is hanging around reading this stuff and is gonna get in touch with YOU...........

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Just joined the forum. If there are any left I would like to know what it takes to have one shipped to Virginia 20169 zip code.

The dealer doesn't set up shipping nor the import paperwork required to ship it across the border. I picked mine up and took it across the border personally. There are two members that had them shipped IIRC.

The first was Mike, member name SVG, that turned us all on to these. I can't recall the second member that was more recent.

Hopefully they will chime in, otherwise look up SVG and PM Mike. The paper work requires an importer and the shipping requires you find a trucking company that will pickup in Canada and deliver to you. IAC, they are a nice unit and worth the trouble.

Bob

shinnery

All I know is I handled mine entirely over the phone and email. The dealer, B Berg, apparently wants to be rid of them enough to arrange shipping and customs. I gave them an address locally that had a forklift and that helped with the shipping costs.
You have to realize all monies the dealer wants to talk in is Canadian $. Thanks to President Usama the current conversion (two weeks ago) is US $0.79. So C $1200 for cab, C $990 customs and shipping to Texas and taxes on everything came to just under C $2500. It hit my CC for US $1971.
If my DDD (degenerative disk disease) wasn't playing games I would already have the box open and hunting for an assembly manual.
Bryce

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
All I know is I handled mine entirely over the phone and email. The dealer, B Berg, apparently wants to be rid of them enough to arrange shipping and customs. I gave them an address locally that had a forklift and that helped with the shipping costs.
You have to realize all monies the dealer wants to talk in is Canadian $. Thanks to President Usama the current conversion (two weeks ago) is US $0.79. So C $1200 for cab, C $990 customs and shipping to Texas and taxes on everything came to just under C $2500. It hit my CC for US $1971.
If my DDD (degenerative disk disease) wasn't playing games I would already have the box open and hunting for an assembly manual.
Bryce

Thanks for correcting to data in my post as it was old data, it has become much easier for those wanting the cabs.

That's a good thing. Bob

Last edited:

Scott.deitrich

Making the drive

Just got off the phone with Ben up in Ontario and they still have a few cabs left at the 1200 CD price. I'm going to make the drive up and back here in the next 2 weeks or so from Northern Virginia. If anyone else in the area was thinking of getting one we could split the gas bill and pick them up at the same time. cost would be 1385 Canadian out the door.

brit

I bought a cab from Ben and I can't say enough about how great the experience was. I'm in Canada, but it's still a 6 hour trip. I called and talked to Ben and he thought I could get it into my Lexus SUV if taken out of the packing. It was Ben's day off when I went to collect, but this is a family business and his Dad was very helpful. One of the guys from the workshop helped me unpack and load the parts into and onto the roof of my SUV. It would be easier with a trailer. It all worked out and I managed to get it home without incident. The installation instructions were very good and all went together well. Next day I was admiring my handy work and cleaning off the static dust from the plastic when I spotted a crack in the drivers door. I emailed Ben with a photo of the crack and he immediately got back to me and said he would ship out a replacement door skin. It arrived 4 days later. That's what I call customer service.

Attachments

• IMG_20150417_151401.jpg
    IMG_20150417_151401.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20150417_101527.jpg
    IMG_20150417_101527.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 124

brit

Guys,
I just talked to someone who has connections at Kubota and he gave me the skinny on the V4210 cabs.
Apparently, the plastic door skins become brittle when it is really cold and can crack if you slam the doors. Kubota decided not to continue making them and the X model has a different cab style. I think it is still a great deal as the roof, front and rear windshields are worth more than what I paid for the who thing. My RTV lives inside when not working, plus now I know, I'll be careful closing the doors when its really cold.
As I already have seen one door skin crack and know how easy it is to remove, I'm going to line the inside of the door skins with FatMat insulation. I've used this many times on classic cars for sound and heat insulation and it works great. I believe the FatMat will make a energy absorbing gasket between the plastic skin and the metal door frame and will provide strength to the larger unsupported areas of the door. I guess as an added bonus there will be more insulation in the door to keep the heat in.
I find it easier to install Fatmat when it's cold as when warm it sticks like crazy and you only get one chance to put it in place.
I'm not sure if I'll have time this weekend to work on this, but I'll document and post some photos of how it went.

Wild Bill

Guys,
I just talked to someone who has connections at Kubota and he gave me the skinny on the V4210 cabs.
Apparently, the plastic door skins become brittle when it is really cold and can crack if you slam the doors. Kubota decided not to continue making them and the X model has a different cab style. I think it is still a great deal as the roof, front and rear windshields are worth more than what I paid for the who thing.
Interesting and I agree
I'll document and post some photos of how it went.
Please do. Looks like I'll need to add this to my list of things to do this summer.