Help with new purchase.

Hoyt

Hello all. New member here. I read many posts here before I signed up and think its great that people can ask questions and you all take the time to answer them. I'm considering 2 tractors. 1st one is the new 3040 LS with FEL and backhoe for $22,500. 2nd is the DK35SE with FEL and backhoe for $27,300. I have driven both and the big advantage that the Kioti has is the placement of the joystick for the loader. I know this may seem petty to some but its a big selling point for me. Just not sure it is 5k worth of a selling point. If anyone has any thoughts or advise I would surely appreciate it.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm biased, I like the Kioti for it's size. It may help to let us know what your intentions are for the tractor, your parcel size and terrain.

I also think you need to shop that DK35Se a little more, that seems extremely high for that tractor.

BTW ............ Welcome and enjoy the forum!

Hoyt

Thanks Big Dog. I have 29 acres, all sloped, wooded and rocky. I plan on cleaning up and keeping our 3/4 acre pond dam cleared of trees, cut driving trails though property, clear, plant and maintain 3-4 food plots and maintain our 1 mile gravel road to our property.

Was thinking about approaching the Kioti dealer with the price I received from the LS dealer but didn't know how he would react to that. If the prices were closer there's no doubt about which one I would choose. The Kioti just fits me so much better with the position of the loader control.

Hoyt

BTW the price breakdown was $19,600 tractor and FEL. $7,600 for backhoe if bought at time of purchase. This is the closest Kioti dealer to me. I will call around tomorrow and compare prices with other dealers.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not up on the prices but always a good idea to call a few dealers and see what they can do for you.
Sure sounds like a sweet setup. Still wishing I had a hoe .....

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Hoyt, The nice, clean position of the joystick influenced me when I bought my DK40 back in the spring. I like the 4wd push button and the auto/manual pto push buttons ... and the 2 remotes will be handy too.....and the power steering and don't forget the seat-very comfortable but wish it had arms. Kioti had a free loader deal that ended a few weeks ago. Check the load capacity and weights too. Good Luck, Bordercollie

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
For $5k difference, maybe you could have someone make up a joystick mount that fits you perfectly.

But it sounds like the Kioti dealer has a little room to come down, too.

Hoyt

Quick update. I went back to the dealer today. Test drove both the DK35SE and 40SE. Really liked the 40. It seemed to be a little smother in tractor and FEL operation so after all the dickering the dealer came down to $20,850 for Tractor and FEL. Think I'm gonna have to put the hoe on standby for awhile so I can afford the bush hog and box blade I need. Thanks to all that gave advice. Its much appreciated.

Also does anyone have any experience with moving the joystick as California suggested? Don't want to do anything that would void the warranty or cause problems down the road. Also the dealer was explaining the 4 year warranty and said it covered everything expect the rotors or clutches that ingage the HST is they are put under to heavy a load and burns them out. Anyone heard of this being a problem with HST's on the Kioti or on HST's in general?

Thanks again.

LETHAL GTS

Also does anyone have any experience with moving the joystick as California suggested? Don't want to do anything that would void the warranty or cause problems down the road. Also the dealer was explaining the 4 year warranty and said it covered everything expect the rotors or clutches that ingage the HST is they are put under to heavy a load and burns them out. Anyone heard of this being a problem with HST's on the Kioti or on HST's in general?

Thanks again.

Nobody warrants clutches brakes wear and tear items. Not Kioti, Kubota, JD General motors Toyota anyone.
As far as relocating your joystick, that shouldn't be a warranty issue as long as the person who makes the modification doesn't compromise the integrity of the design.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
What type of tires are you getting? I went with the ag tires because I needed the traction in the pastures . They clean out better in wet ,muddy conditions. Keep us informed. Bordercollie

Hoyt

I'm having the dredded new buyer indecisions. I have it narrowed down to the DK40SE with R4 tires but went and drove the Kubota today with their new HST+ system and absolutely loved it. Very smooth and I really liked the features. I'm looking at the L3240 in the Grand L series. I plan on making a decision by Monday.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Don't rush -- enjoy the shopping and trying out. That's half the fun. Important!! Be sure to check out the service depts and check out their attitudes- That got it down from 3 brands {JD Kubota and Kioti } to just JD and Kioti -then I went with the best deal and warranty .I bought a Kioti DK40 because of the added features. I have nice JD folks but the price difference was huge . Bordercollie

Keep us posted on the DK40 i'm really looking into getting my first new tractor and I'm considering the Kioti. I would like to be around the 45 hp range possibly even the Kioti 55. What was your total on the DK40 if you don't mind me asking?

Hoyt

Wrote the check today for the Kubota 3240. I really liked both tractors but in the end the HST+ won me over. I paid $22,000 for tractor, FEL rear tires filled and taxes. It's suppose to be delivered Monday. The price I was quoted for the DK40SE was $20,850 with FEL and rear remotes. I can honestly say that both tractors were very very close and it was a tough decision. I would definately recommend the Kioti especially if you needed a little more umph for your buck.
Thanks to all of you who gave advice and suggestions.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I apologize for butting in i jumped ahead Hoyt and thought you bought the DK40 when it was bordercollies post that said he had that. My apologize.

Wrote the check today for the Kubota 3240. I really liked both tractors but in the end the HST+ won me over. I paid $22,000 for tractor, FEL rear tires filled and taxes. It's suppose to be delivered Monday. The price I was quoted for the DK40SE was $20,850 with FEL and rear remotes. I can honestly say that both tractors were very very close and it was a tough decision. I would definately recommend the Kioti especially if you needed a little more umph for your buck.
Thanks to all of you who gave advice and suggestions.
I paid $17800 for the DK40se plus 350 for canopy and about 1300 after the loader promotion for the 401 loader. I supposedly saved $3500 because of the promotion. With farm taxes and loaded rear tires (antifreeze) the check was written for $19,784. I really like the remotes being there although I haven't used them and I love the loader. The joy stick is soo smooth and handles just like the Cat skid steer control that I use everyday. It is a nice tractor for men or ladies like me. The tilt steering wheel and adjustable seat helps it adjust to anyones stature . Bordercollie