farmpro

ihuntbear

new dealer in town selling Farmpro.82 hp heat and air cond for 25900 no fel.anybody know if they are good or bad and who makes them

Erik

it's a rebadged Foton - the older ones were made by Jinma.
Both are Chinese tractors known for less than wonderful quality control and a need for regular maintenance. (like flushing all the fluids and changing all hoses and fittings before using the first time)
Some folks have excellent reliability out of theirs, others have horror stories.
Jinma is also the tractor Northern Tool sells under their house brand.

basically, like everything else in this world, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Goat

Neighbor has a 35 (?) HP Farmpro (Jinma) that he bought for $4500, used. It's a 2007 model. It works fine, when it works. Parts aren't hard to come by, but he's needed a few of them. He's taken to parking the thing with the FEL up on a support, incase something happens and he needs to get into the hood (hard to get to the engine with the loader down. The Futon ones are better made, though. They have a good reputation in Europe.

nuffer460

I have a NorTrac 254/ NT700 FEL. It's a rebaged Jinma. They are very basic tractors. That makes them very basic to repair. Mine has 440 hours on it and it's a year and a half old. If you change the fluids out after 10 hours. Do general maintenance as to the shop manual. Everything works well. I have had minimal problems. Have friends with Deere and Kubota. They have had more issues than I have. Maybe I got a good one don't know! I mow with a 72" finish mower and the temp gauge never goes past 180. Pulls a 5' box blade without much effort. I bought a Jinma 6" wood Chipper from Ranch Hand in Virginia. It will chip a 5 1/2" log 8' long without killing the engine. I did it 4 times to make sure! What do you want. By the way John Deere just bought a tractor plant in China. They can't be that bad. I have two tractors with FEL's and both are hard to work on with the loader arms down. That's kind of the nature of the beast.

Goat

The point being, he had to leave the FEL up ALL THE TIME because there was ALWAYS something wrong with it!
Sure there are good and bad of any brand - but then again, I wouldn't want a John Deere, (or Kioti) either!

ihuntbear

wow thanks for the info...MacCormick dealer gave me agood deal on a 50 hp fel heat air cab 78 inch norman blower $193.00 bi weekly

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats!!!!! Please share some pics of it when you get her home. :thumb:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Congrats, either one would be great, but I'm interested to hear and see more about the McCormick