RTV900 Anybody have a better seat solution?

Luckystars

My 2008 RTV 900 seat and cover are in good shape. No rips but it's like a park bench. It has so little contour I slide all over it.
Buckets?
Cloth?
New foam?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i wonder if a seat out of an 1100 would fit? mine is a bench seat but the cloth and foam are very thick and soft.

v10rick

Site Supporter
A local auto upholstery shop recovered my RTV900 seat with a non slip vinyl. Works well and appears to be durable enough.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
On my 2011/12 RTV 900 the seat was contoured and it would puddle rain so be cautious of that.The rain would get your pants wet in no time even with a roof if it was stormy. The biggest problem I see with the bucket seats is the necessity of tilting over to the steering wheel to get to the radiator opening under the flap . The bottom would really need to be seperate to get decent access. If you have the 08, it may have the plywood base like my 05 did ... it rotted , my 2011/12 had a plastic base and was good but for the water holding contours and the cracking . I recovered it.
In the end, I'd get it recovered if it were me ,with a recommended foam.If you could find a seat bottom that you could tilt, like on a lawnmower, I might consider that. Good Luck, bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My dog used to slide off the seat every time we'd go down a steep hill. I would too but I just put on the seatbelt to hold me in place.

I had a roll of tool box drawer liner like what's pictured below laying around the shop. I ran strips of it using it's actual width from front-to-back on the RTV seat then tucked the back in by lifting the seat and sliding it below. It's been years and I'm still using the same 3 pieces. Easy to remove (to shake out as needed) and reinstall. Incredible traction for the dog.

s-l1000.jpg