RTV & Tires

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
The kendras era nice and they do have pretty much the same lug pattern my buddy had some on his honda. He took them off because they lacked the ability to grab good. The 589 has a square shaped lug sn the kendras have a sloped lug an that slope causes then to not bite as good as the 589s.the kendras are still a good tire but if you get into some slop and you have ever ran 598s youll notice the diference in the traction of the two

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
When i had my 589s i ran 17psi. An sometimes as high as 20psi.i run my outlaws slmost at 0psi that way they flattem out an give me a wide footprint.when riding in deep water around 4'deep i pump them up in the front to keep the frontend up an out the water.if i do hit a really deep spot the front will float an keep the snorkel above the water an the rearend will sink and grab .

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the replys. I will probably just get 2 new 589s for the front to replace the slick 589s I have and put the old 589s back on the back till they give problems. The bulge looks very slight and I drive out on the road "like an old lady" :) . The field is another matter though- there I am trying to head off a cow etc. I run 18psi in my rear 589s and a bit less in the front. I have used the mudlites-( both the xts and the xtrs before) and those did not hold up but were replaced once under warranty. I do put a lot of hrs on my RTV though .
I appreciate the info about the lugs Peanut, that is what concerned me about changing. I need a clean out pattern to sling out the stuff I drive through in the winter. I was hoping to find a miracle tire that would n't break the bank and would hold the weight, all while bringing me home from a soggy cotton field. I can feel the oem ATV tires that came on the '11 RTV 900 fishtailing already after 680 hrs of use. I sure hate to spend that $$ though. bordercollie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Contacted the company, who we have done business with.
All Terrain Online Asking them to tell me about the depth of tread on the Kendra Executioner tires and the ITP 589's.
THIS IS THE WRITTEN RESPONSE WE RECIEVED FROM ROBIN:

The Executioner tires have about the same tread height as the 589. They are not as strong though. But here is the catch---They are discontinuing the ITP 589. There are still a few out there but not many. ITP may bring that tire back down the road but our distributors have already warned us about this tire going away. The 589 tires are plenty strong to handle the weight of the Kubota. You might want to look at the Mud Lite XTR Radial. Another good tire for the Kubota. Also, GBC Grim Reaper and GBC Dirt Commander. Those two are 8 ply radial tires. The Grim Reaper is my favorite tire for the Kubota/Gator. They work very well in all riding conditions and they are a radial. Huge fan of a radial tire. Let me know if we can help you guys out.

Thanks,
Robin Ragsdale
Allterrain, Inc
903-896-7565
www.allterrainonline.com

Thought I would share this with ya'll !!!!

Attachments

• Cat Whisper.jpg
    Cat Whisper.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 542

Mark.Sibole

Thats why I went with the Grim Reapers being 8 ply and a good tire
I also purchased from all terrain online great to deal with!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thats why I went with the Grim Reapers being 8 ply and a good tire
I also purchased from all terrain online great to deal with!

Good info Two Guns and thanks for posting. I personally won't buy the xtrs again,they sat way too low without 20 psi in the rear. A person needs to keep in mind how I used them though- pulling heavy loads and zipping through mud. That is when I noticed small cracks radiating from many of the rear lugs corners and then the bulges formed on the surface.That was when I contacted the company and they honored the warranty. Good Folks to do the right thing. But I must rule them out for my use . Without the 589s out there, my second choice will be the Grim Reapers.
Mark, what size do you have on your RTV width wise? I ran 9 and 11 on the 589's . Thanks, bordercollie

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I wonder why they would stop sellin them 589s? They might end up doing the ssme thing as the vampire edl's they stopped selling them an soon found. Whenalot of people complained about it so they put them bsck on the market.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I just had a great conversation on the phone with Robyn at
All Terrain Online.

We went thew the whole thing about tires.

Before you buy, give him a call and tell him what you do with your
RTV, your application, and he will help you.
These folks are super people to deal with !!!!

...... two guns

Attachments

• LAST THNG.jpg
    LAST THNG.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 539

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK y'all. I just made this thread "sticky". It will now stay at the top of this forum section.

I would like to hear from others re. alternatives and other suggested tires.

E.g. My tires work/not work and here's why.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My Bighorn's stand tall so don't order over 25". I live in W. PA so my climate is somewhere between Buffalo NY and Pittsburgh PA. Yea, we get a little snow, ice... These tires will take you anywhere in this terrain/climate.

I'm not swimming so I don't need the paddle action of 589's.

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Im, a bit confused where you guys are getting some of your data.
The tire is an 8 ply radial tire and the ride is 5 times the ride with no noise at all compared to my original factory heavy duty work site tires. HDWT
The traction is no comparison and with michigan snow and trails of mudholes - never have to use Diff lock or 4wheel drive but 1 time in 18 inch snow drift's in the open field. This tire is flatout awsome. Very quiet aggressive tire.
I have had many quads and 4x6 Gator with no comparison.

Bounty Hunter HT Radial

K585
The all new Bounty Hunter HT UTV tire is designed specifically for hard to intermediate surfaces.

Tread pattern designed for Intermediate to hard terrain
Radial Tire designed specifically for the SIDE-BY-SIDE UTV market
Extra tough HEAVY DUTY 8-ply rated casing resists punctures and improves ride quality and handling
Doorgunner/ZZZ2D1

Attachments

• Kenda1.jpg
    Kenda1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 517

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That looks a lot like a Bighorn but wider. I know my Bighorn's get me through anything so those must really work nicely.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I got to have the aggressive 589's. We swim 'em !!!!

I agree . Those are good looking tires. Our ground rarely freezes down here and then ice on a pond gets maybe an inch or little more in a rare event " every few years" storm. Instead, when it rains much, the ground is boggy and deep mud everywhere the cows walk much. I would love to have some of those smooth riding tires if they could "paddle" . :) I don't have a winch or enough trees close to use one if I did. I have used up and several sets of tires since I've had my first RTV... Mudlites XL , mudlite XTRs radials , the 589's ,the oem WS tires and now the oem ATV tires on my new machine. My favorite of all were the 589's for "paddling" as Zoom and Two Guns calls it. My favorite of what I've already had ,for a soft ride were the WS- I put them back on the '05 when I sold it. I told the guy that bought it they were not mud tires and would get stuck easily. All my other tires were the aggressive tread so that is all I have to compare with. I did put over 4000 hrs on that first machine and am approaching 700 on this new one so using up tires is what I do with my job on the farm. The 589's I have are rough riding because of the well worn front tires but could still dig out to get me home. I will use them till they quit going or jar my teeth out cause I know what they will dig out of.- Yall know what I am talking about here on the cattle farm and it isn't just mud -. bordercollie .

Last edited:

ropntoz

Tires

Hi everyone! great forum! i've been a closet non-member for quite awhile and have got quite a bit of help just following your posts. THANK YOU!

Just wondering what you all think of truck or trailer tires on your Kubota's?
there is a mine near me that uses rtv 900's and one of the first things they do to them when new, is remove the stock tires and rims and put on 14" truck tires and rims as well as a specialized exhaust pipe. have you heard of this?I have them on mine now.

Ropntoz

ZZZ2D1

Site Supporter
Hi Ropntoz,
I would be very much interested in the brand, model and size of both the wheel and tire + pics if you can.
I have checked this out before but always have had issues with wheel offset and bolt pattern.
Welcome aboard and thanks for the rapid start.
ZZZ2d1/Doorgunner

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I have them on mine now.

Ropntoz

Welcome to the forum. Happy you stepped in !!!!
Enjoy and let us know if you need any help spending your $$$$, we all have been good at that !!!!

The tire thing, you stated you have them on yours now, the pull off tires of the miners RTV's, or the trailer / truck tires ?

:2gunsfiring_v1:

........... two guns

Attachments

• Crawfish Handshake.jpg
    Crawfish Handshake.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 477