New RTV 1140 owner.

KubotIan

Hi all. I dropped a quick post in the introduction thread but this is the section I’ll probably be in the most so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ian and I am hobby farming about 15 acres in North Carolina. I’ve had a Kabota tractor for a couple of years but I just recently bought a used 1140 out of Maryland, it was a rental unit in Texas that was ridden pretty hard in the mud and I am bringing it back to suitably maintained unit in usable condition (I’m guessing it had not had a service for around 300 straight hours, but it’s a Kabota!) but I know there’s a lot of things to learn about it so here I am. I will try diligently to use the search function before posting any age old questions like what oil are you using :D But you probably will see me bring up some old threads if I have questions.

Upon receiving the unit (1100 hrs and black oil). I did a full 1000 hour service. I’ve ordered several new parts for things that I couldn’t get up to par ( Some pretty bad off skid panels and a seized diff lock hold cable(had a little bit of rust that I am going to work on, my current want is possibly a coast valve and a turbo from what reading I’ve done. Overall I’m happy with the unit, it’s in pretty good shape and after a thorough cleaning and fluid changes the engine sound right and the transmission sounds good. Looking forward to giving it a new life on a small farm with some good ol tlc.

Look forward to interacting with all of you.

Ian

Attachments

• E3003740-95A8-43ED-A738-23F0B4E16D12.jpeg
    E3003740-95A8-43ED-A738-23F0B4E16D12.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 42

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
WELCOME! And nice work! These RTVs are really sturdy and useful little vehicles! Great pic!

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome - lots of good advice here. RTV's are solid machines and aside from being fun they are workhorses. Glad you are enjoying it.