Han-d Pump

jwstewar

Staff member
I've been using one of these Han-d Pumps to pump fuel from 5 gallon cans to the tractor for about the last 6 years.Han-D Pump

I have really liked it. Fairly quick to use and a lot easier than having to hold that 5 gallon jug up in the air. Cheap too. When I bought mine, it was only like $12. About 3 years ago I replaced the fuel line with some better line for $4 or 5 bucks, but that has been it.

After 6 years and hundreds (thousand or so maybe ?:eek:) of gallons of fuel later, it quit pumping this past weekend. It looks like TSC no longer sells this version and it is looking like a long shot to find it somewhere else. Anyone know where I can purchase one or something similar?

I've heard the flo-N-go system is more of a siphon and doesn't work as well. I was actually wanting to buy a second one for gas cans as I don't like the new spill proof spouts - I spill too much fuel.:pat:

BTW, TSC has something else called a Han-D pump now, but it doesn't look as nice or as convenient as the one I currently have.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
The only places I found advertising it (Amazon and Overton's) are sold out. It looks like maybe it is no longer available? And the one TSC has is available in store only, kind of indicates that maybe they aren't getting any more either. Probably time to look around and find some other kind that will work for you.

Good luck

Fred

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had one of those pump that came with a gas can I got for pumping gas into my boat (when we had no gas available on the water). It worked but I found something that worked a whole lot better. It's called Super Siphon.
Go to this site to see more on it:
http://www.boatshowproducts.com/super-siphon-hose

I've used it to transfer 5 gals of fuel (both diesel and gas) and it does it just about as quickly as you can pour it. Simply amazing ...and cheap. :D

edit to add an image of it working.

Attachments

• supersiphon-animated.gif
    supersiphon-animated.gif
    30.9 KB · Views: 125

jwstewar

Staff member
That looks interesting Doc, only problem I see, looks like the source has to be higher than the tank. Is that correct?

That is why I really liked the Han-D pump, I could set the tank on the footboard and was good to go.

I hate when you find a good & cheap product and they discontinue it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You are correct ... source has to be higher than the target tank. I've put a towel on my hood and set the can there, as my fill nozzle is right on top of the hood. And the hood is fairly flat. So it works well for me.

Know what you mean about hating when a good product is discontinued.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Jim, Harbor Freight sold them at one time.
Here's the one I have from Harbor Freight.

They are made by:
T.R.I. Industries
314 W. 86th St
Bloomington, MN 55420
612-881-1984

jwstewar

Staff member
Thanks Jerry. I guess I know where I'm going for lunch today. The tractor is out of fuel and I need to mow and I'm dreading of thinking of having to lug that 5 gallon container up above the hood.

fishrman

I just poured in my first 5 gallons of fuel a couple of days ago and I am with you on this one! I need one of those too!! The little plastic tube that came on the end of my container ended up falling into my tank while I was trying to pour the fuel in! I think it is in there for good as I have no clue how to get it out! Will the deisel hurt it or start breaking it down?

try nextag liguid transfer pumps , there is a battery operated on one there , not sure if its what u are looking for , but i am looking for one also thanksLiquid Transfer Pump
Tool Class: Power Tools, Cordless Power Tools Quickly drain or transfer liquids with easy push-button control with this durable battery-operated pump. Safely siphons gas, water, oil and non-corrosive liquids, transfers gas from can to car or boat, empties aquariums, more ... Part #:
79-JB4840 more ..., JB4840, 153-017874148400-LTC-1 Sellers Found: 3
Available Since: Mar 11, 2008

Lowest Price: $14.95
Average Rating:
(0 user ratings) + Add to Shopping List | Set Price AlertSet Price AlertLooking for a better price?
Email me when this item's price reaches or falls below my target price.
Liquid Transfer Pump
Lowest Price $14.95
Target Price ($)
Email Address
Notify me of other relevant price drops and deals from NexTag.

Compare PricesWrite Product ReviewDetails & SpecsPrice History
Sellers Seller Ratings Description Price +Tax & Shipping TruePrice
Kotulas
7 Seller Reviews In Stock $19.99
Go to Store To calculate TruePrice,
including exact Tax and Shipping, enter your zip code below.
Enter Zip Code:
GetItOnTV.com
6 Seller Reviews In Stock $14.95
Go to Store
Whatever Works Not Yet Rated In Stock $14.99
Go to Store
Related Searchesliquid transfer pump, pump transfer, battery operated water pump, gas transfer pump, water transfer pumpDidn't find the price you were looking for? Get an email alert when the price drops below your target price. Did you find an error regarding this product?
Thank you for your feedback. What error(s) did you find?

Search Preferences | Feedback
NexTag, the Search Engine for Shoppers™, lets users compare prices on millions of products from thousands of online stores. Become a seller yourself today! NexTag makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of product and pricing information displayed on our site. We encourage users to conduct their own research prior to purchasing from the stores listed here. We do not make any guarantees that any information is correct. NexTag.com cannot be held liable for any actions taken based on the product and pricing information provided and NexTag shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from any business conducted with any company listed at NexTag. Please refer to our Terms of Use for complete details. To report a pricing error, click here.About NexTag | Help | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sign In | Advertising Programs | Sell at NexTag © 1999-2010, NexTag, Inc. - International: Australia | Canada | France | Germany | Italy | Spain | UK - Mobile
Last updated: May 5, 2010 -735880729 v1x23 ndenc2700482 adenc2700408

jwstewar

Staff member
Interesting SimpleFun. I may have to look into one of those for gas yet.

Bad news on the Han-D Pump. I went to Harbor Freight at lunch. Couldn't find it. I asked them, they said they didn't have it and it looks like it is being discontinued.:pat:

I had seen this on the Internet: Diesel Pump It was on sell for $119.99 and then I had taken a 20% off coupon. So end up being $95. A long way from my $12, but I figure with it I can use it on the 5 gallon cans and my 15 gallon barrel, so that will give me 25 gallons of storage.

I guess with that much fuel on hand now, I probably should move it from the barn and over to one of the little sheds.

Figure what I'll do is use that little pump a couple of times to make sure it is going to work and I like it, then if I do, I'll cut the alligator clips off and put a 7-pin RV plug on it and just plug it into the back of the tractor to run it.

i like that , if u get one let me know how it works , may get one my self,it looks like it should be ok and last a long time

jwstewar

Staff member
I did by one Fun guy. Haven't told Monica yet.:hide: I'll need to go get some fuel tonight as I need to move some dirt because the dogs have dug out under their cage.:angry:

I've tried calling T.R.I. at the number Jerry listed above, but I just keep getting a "fast busy signal" like the number is disconnected or something. Think that could be why it is being discontinued everywhere?

jwstewar

Staff member
Funny story while I was there at Harbor Freight. They offered me the extended warranty on the pump which was reasonable on a $120 pump, but then then I also bought a small air compressor to stick in the camper for air up rafts and bike tires and such. They offered me an extended warranty on that too. The compressor was only $8. I didn't ask how much for the warranty, I just said no.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I just poured in my first 5 gallons of fuel a couple of days ago and I am with you on this one! I need one of those too!! The little plastic tube that came on the end of my container ended up falling into my tank while I was trying to pour the fuel in! I think it is in there for good as I have no clue how to get it out! Will the deisel hurt it or start breaking it down?

I've lost mine numerous times. I had a piece of copper wire size 14AWG that had just the littlest 90 degree bend on the end of it. I would stick the wire in there and catch the end of the hose. When I got lucky, I could send the wire through the hose and just catch the bottom lip of the hose with the 90 degree bend. Then just lift them both out. I finally got smart and put a worm clamp on it. It never has come off since.

fishrman

I've lost mine numerous times. I had a piece of copper wire size 14AWG that had just the littlest 90 degree bend on the end of it. I would stick the wire in there and catch the end of the hose. When I got lucky, I could send the wire through the hose and just catch the bottom lip of the hose with the 90 degree bend. Then just lift them both out. I finally got smart and put a worm clamp on it. It never has come off since.
I will have to give it a try. I like to fish anyway! :pat:

fishrman

Interesting SimpleFun. I may have to look into one of those for gas yet.

Bad news on the Han-D Pump. I went to Harbor Freight at lunch. Couldn't find it. I asked them, they said they didn't have it and it looks like it is being discontinued.:pat:

I had seen this on the Internet: Diesel Pump It was on sell for $119.99 and then I had taken a 20% off coupon. So end up being $95. A long way from my $12, but I figure with it I can use it on the 5 gallon cans and my 15 gallon barrel, so that will give me 25 gallons of storage.

I guess with that much fuel on hand now, I probably should move it from the barn and over to one of the little sheds.

Figure what I'll do is use that little pump a couple of times to make sure it is going to work and I like it, then if I do, I'll cut the alligator clips off and put a 7-pin RV plug on it and just plug it into the back of the tractor to run it.
Great idea on the 7 prong plug. Will the hose fit OK in a 5 gallon container? I will be near a Harbor Freight Friday and if they have one of those, they may have one less when I leave. Where do I get a 20% coupon?

jwstewar

Staff member
Look here for the 20% coupon Fishrman: Harbor Freight

WOW!!! Will this thing move the fuel!!!!!!:eek: I played with it last night. I ended taking the Han-D pump apart and was able to use it to fuel the tractor so I could get done what I needed to get done. Then it was time to play. I took the full container and the now almost empty container. In about 10 - 15 seconds the once almost empty container was 3/4 full.:eek: I decided it was a keeper - and the motor doesn't sound too bad for a Harbor Freight Motor.:yum: It comes with 13' of 3/4" fuel hose. I guess they are expecting you to cut that to make your own supply/discharge hoses. Not sure if I would keep it, I just used the entire 13' for the suction hose and then I had some other clear tubing that I tried to use on my other pump endeavors. The pump sucked the fuel through all 13' in about 1 second. I got to looking at the power cord. They actually put little eyes on the wire and screwed it to the alligator clips. I was able to unscrew it from the alligator clips and hook it up to the RV plug w/o cutting a wire. :) Now I just need to get some pipe table for diesel fuel to apply to those fittings. They tell you need it, but that it isn't included. So my fittings leaked a little - not terrible but something I'll want to take care of. To answer you question Fishrman about it fitting in a jug. The fitting/screen that they send for you to use on the end of it won't, but the hose itself will. That is how I was playing last night. I'll probably use the screen with my 15 gallon barrel that I'll probably start using again.

Now on to the Han-D pump. I was able to get it taken apart last night. It isn't an O-ring in their but a real thin little flexible washer that gets supported when you pull up on the handle but then is free on the down stroke. Could figure out how to get that off/replaced. But when I put it back together last night, it then worked. So I guess I'll move it over to gas duty and use it on my old gas can. It is still one of the old style, but the nozzle on it finally broke and since you can't by those any more w/o the stupid CARB stuff that makes me spill more fuel, I'll use this there.

fishrman

Thanks for the good report Jim! :respect:
I thought I read on the Harbor F site about how much fuel that think can move and it sounded pretty impressive! Not sure I need to move it that fast but that is much better than to slow. The leaks you refer to concern me some.

jwstewar

Staff member
The leaks are just on the hose fittings that screw into the pump and the nozzle. They tell you that it will if you don't use the tape. I just need to get some and do it. Not exactly sure what type to use as I don't think you can use normal Teflon tape. They don't have any gaskets or anything, just plain metal threads, so not surprising that they leak. I knew they would, but didn't want to apply anything either just in case I wanted to return it they couldn't use that as a reason why I couldn't.

fishrman

The leaks are just on the hose fittings that screw into the pump and the nozzle. They tell you that it will if you don't use the tape. I just need to get some and do it. Not exactly sure what type to use as I don't think you can use normal Teflon tape. They don't have any gaskets or anything, just plain metal threads, so not surprising that they leak. I knew they would, but didn't want to apply anything either just in case I wanted to return it they couldn't use that as a reason why I couldn't.

Got ya! Now, I wonder why they sell them without giving you the tape or sell them leaking in the first place. :pat:
Forgot to tell you, thanks for letting me know where to find the coupon. I got it printed out. Only problem is they have lots more coupons than the 20% one on that page! This is going to cost me!! :eek: