New holland tl90a. Weak loader on lifting

J callihan

Loader seems week when picking up full bucket manure everything else seems normal except four wheel drive light stays on in dash any suggestions

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

I don't have a NH.

How was it picking up manure in the past? Was it OK then gradually weakened or did it just quit working one day?

When was the last time the hydraulic fluid and filter were changed? If recently, was a quality brand of fluid used?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can you check your owners manual to see if the 4WD light is an indicator of other issues (other than 4WD)? Does it blink at all before it stays on? Manufactures are using dash lights and blink codes to indicate a problem. E.g. last month, my Honda Rancher had the 4WD light blink 4 times. I looked it up and it's a voltage problem. Had a bad voltage regulator.

My neighbor's tractor had a similar issue as yours but it was on the backhoe (that shares the hydraulics) His ended up being a bad, warn out O-ring in cyclic control valve.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to net tractor talk. I'm glad you found us.

Have you checked your hydro fluid levels? If it's low that might cause the issue you are experiencing. Otherwise BC's suggestions are good ones. He is good at diagnosing.