outage

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry for the outage guys.

We are limping along faking out our real IP with a backup IP address. The ISP needs to replace a piece of hardware but does not agree. Till then we are down to half the IP addresses we should have which puts a real crimp in how things operate. Guessing we will be like this till the first of the week at least, then we'll change the IP back to what it should be. That will mean another outage for us all. Save this command and it might help you resolve the right IP when we do this next week.

Go to your command prompt. type: ipconfig /dnsflush
this will get rid of the old bad IP and make your computer look for a new IP address. This is for windows machines. I do not know the comparable command for apple systems but I'm sure google could get it for you. Just google clear IP cache apple and you will find the answer.

Sorry for the extended outage guys. These things will happen from time to time. Never fear we will always be back online as soon as possible.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Doc.

Yea, went through a little forum withdraw but spent the time outside on the equipment instead. Plowed driveways, ride in the woods, fed the deer...

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Another outage today. Hardware replaced. Moved to another server. Not sure if this can be our permanent home, all depends on performance. Will be tweaking and tuning but hope it will only be short outages when I'm testing configurations.
What a rough rough monday. Bla

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just a heads-up. Some of us were able to get to this site for awhile yesterday. Doc had to restore the database from a backup taken at 4am on the 28th. Any posts that were done yesterday are gone. Doc wasn't aware some of us were able to sneak in here for awhile yesterday and post.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks zoomer. :tiphat: I was unaware of this until you told me.

Sorry about the lost posts and please post them again if you can remember your reply. I hate to lose posts. My bad, but I didn't have any choice.