my 240 D

I don't but If you have a good parts store and take the old one in they can measure it and look in their book and find one. other than that try to get ahold of len 12 and see if he has one 815 284 3226

Jeep

what hp is the ym240 will it pull a :tiphat:5' kk brush cutter about 550# I seen one for sale the other day thanks Jeep

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wanted a 5ft rotary mower but was talked into buying a 4 ft by my neighbor who has farmed here for two generations. The mower dealer, a VN import house, also told me 4 ft is what they specify for a YM240/YM2000.

My actual experience is that 4 ft is all my YM240 wants in tall wet dense grass and going uphill. I have to run in H2 going up the slope but can manage H3 level or downhill. That's in grass 2~3 ft tall like in the picture.

If you haven't let the grass get that tall or go slow for the first pass of the year, I think it would strain a little with a 5ft mower but of course you would accomplish more per pass.

If you can get an excellent price on the 5 ft mower, and don't have much slope, I would do it.

This mowing in wet grass is about the heaviest load I've worked the tractor. It's at least as much load as discing. I've never overheated it but this makes it plenty warm. That's the 4 ft mower.

Don't worry about lifting it, no problem. (aside from you will need front ballast).

Horsepower: YM240 means 24hp American measure, which is the naked engine on a test stand. The identical engine is rated 20 hp out the PTO, Japanese measure, so over there they call the same tractor YM2000. All(?) Yanmars have the hp first in the model name.

P1000832rMowing.jpg

Jeep

I have the mower for my other tractors a 4400 ford and 1010 JD and massey harris 1941 mod81 354 jinma I have 5' & 6' tools I like that little ym240 I don't remember if it was 2wd or 4wd I could use it around house Jeep :tiphat:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you already have the 5 ft mower I wouldn't be afraid to run it on the YM240. If you have to make a first pass through virgin Manzanita or something then you might use one of your larger tractors just for that first pass.

YM240 and 240D (4x4) are great tractors. If you get it you will love it.