my 240 D

Here is a picture of my 240. that I traded my 57 chevy pickup for. I have had it about 8 months and really like it. I got a shredder, box blede and a disc with it.

Attachments

• ym2.jpg
    ym2.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 129

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pic Tinkertoys. Now you got me wondering ....are you gonna show us any of your tinker toys? :D

240d price

i saw a classified add last week for a 240d w/loader 1050hrs in good cond for $5500,does this seem like a good price without seeing the machine?

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's a very fair price. Less would be better, of course. It's enough that you should see what else you could buy for the money, maybe a 5 year old Kioti or something.

I paid $3,900 for my 2wd YM240 with loader (in 2003) and I was the first to get over there and look at it. The seller got several offers to pay that price sight unseen during the time I went to the bank to get the cash, and I heard him turn away people while I was there paying him and loading it.

I just read on another site that a YM240D owner bought his new in 1977 and just now after 30 years had his *first* problem, a broken shifter fork. How's that for longevity? Mine clearly evidenced no maintenance for the past several years - loose lug bolts, contaminated fuel etc but a couple weeks tinkering plus filters, a battery, etc set it right and nothing has shown a problem since.

I would buy that if I had a use for it. Check it thoroughly, any equipment can be trashed by abuse but these seem to stand up better than almost anything.

Mark777

That's a very fair price.....

I would buy that if I had a use for it. Check it thoroughly, any equipment can be trashed by abuse but these seem to stand up better than almost anything.

A good, used, well maintained 4WD 20+ HP Gray Market Yanmar, at 1000 hours and equipped with a FEL often retails for $6500-$7500. A domestic model is about the same.

Mark

thanks for the feedback,now can i"convince the BOSS" when she already thinks my 135 project is a money pit imo all i bought was the tractor $350,filters,batt.,lift arm ends +-$100 and the old loader $200.the loader after buying was a mistake i think iahd the steel just not the fabricating con fidence i hind sight i should give myself a little more credit,oh well theres always the next one:waiting:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Is it up and running? I think as soon as she sees some practical work done with it, she will forget the cost.

I took some heat for buying mine since it was clearly a project that needed some attention before it was ready to put in service. As soon as it ran nice my wife turned 180 degrees and declared we should have bought it long before, how did we get along without it. Expect the same.

it ran great when i picked it up from my cousin.one key turn and she fired right up.i have done no work with it.i do a few side jobs over the summer so far its been pick ,shovel and wheelbarrow except once i rented a mini excavator for a paver patio 15X27X12 bacfilled with gravel and sand with you guessed it wheelbarrow.so i cant wait to finish the fel to use in the spring.hope my wife feels the same.ill post pics of where im at now in the next couple of days now that i figured it out

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Great lookin tractor! I really think you posted it to rub some salt on Cali .... :yum:

I don't know. How big and how old is caili????? I never poke fun at someone who might take it wrong, and want to come looking for me. :eek: :eek: :eek: :hide: MAYBE I can out run him.:yum: :yum: :yum:

Well it was not to upset anyone if caili wants to foot all the bills and come to me I will paint his tractor for him.. Hmmmmm I wonder what color?? Pink, baby blue, maybe VIOLET.. Just can never tell.:yum: :yum: :yum:

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks tinkertoys. Don't pay any attention to BD. He doesn't have any confidence in his ability to maintain a real working tractor so he bought new. You and I know how to pick em and aren't afraid of these 30 year old rigs that are better than that thing he waxes every weekend cause he doesn't know how to use it. :mrgreen:

Mine is set up special for the sideslopes it lives on
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=236&d=1185040165
and it's six ft wide
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=892&d=1196394682
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=712&d=1194217843
with 250 lbs ballast in each oversize rear tire.

I expect a little Kioti would tip over, some of the places I go. I'm sure it wouldn't look as nice after following me around for a day!
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1061&d=1198024877

Tinkertoy, don't pay any attention to BD. He just wishes he had bought quality like we have! :) :) :)

CALI
I wondered if some of these people were robbing banks to afford these new tractors. I am just a poor old retired GI. Don't gots much money.. Have to use what I can afford, beg, or borrow.

DJM

Yanmar 240D

Mine is just like that. I have a heck of a time trying to find an air filter for that can at the bottom of the intake. Do you have any source yet?

Mine is just like that. I have a heck of a time trying to find an air filter for that can at the bottom of the intake. Do you have any source yet?

I haven't checked yet, but it looks like the same filter that JD and Case uses.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Cali, that place looks a lot like the "thicket" that I've been nibbling away at for the past couple of years. I can't say that I'm gaining on it much but I'm still trying.

By the way, a golf bag as a hand tool transporter ... a good idea. I may have to steal that one and pass it off as my own.

DJM

Tinkertoys and California

My Yanmar 240D is like that one pictured. I am having a difficulty finding the air filter. Do you have a make and number on the filter?